DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

Got through my conversation with Sovereign and then decided to stop for the night

I was too tired to have to deal with all the whining that was about to happen so I put off the rest of Virmire till today.

Most likely will finish today and then can use my day off tomorrow starting ME2

• Like 1

Not necessarily.  There's a reputation check at the end of the mission that you can save the factory and still get his loyalty.  Offhand I think it's at least 2 bars either way.

So I'm replaying 1, still doing Legendary leveling and I just broke level 20.... and I haven't done Noveria, Vermine, or Bring Down the Sky yet.  I have done just about everything else I can possibly do.

24 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Not necessarily.  There's a reputation check at the end of the mission that you can save the factory and still get his loyalty.  Offhand I think it's at least 2 bars either way.

So I'm replaying 1, still doing Legendary leveling and I just broke level 20.... and I haven't done Noveria, Vermine, or Bring Down the Sky yet.  I have done just about everything else I can possibly do.

Just finished Noveria, am currently at Level 23. The Legendary Edition leveling has really shown how much of a joke the original leveling system is, there was no reason to make you go up to level 70.

Getting towards the end of ME2. . .only have Zaeed's loyalty mission and Project Overlord to knock out before I get to the Reaper IFF --> Tali --> Legion --> Suicide Mission part.

That and at least checking out the rest of the planets in the galaxy, if not scanning them all. . .I've gotten to the point where I don't even bother launching probes if a planet doesn't start out as "Rich" or "Good" and I already have a ridiculous amount of each resource with just about every upgrade I can get taken care of.

Started a couple of ME2 runs, as a vanguard and a soldier.  I've only ever played ME2 as a soldier or adept, and only every played vanguard in Andromeda multiplayer.  So far the vanguard playthrough is driving me nuts.  I don't have any guns with decent range, and I keep getting "no path available" or whatever the game says when I try to charge stuff.

11 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Just finished Noveria, am currently at Level 23. The Legendary Edition leveling has really shown how much of a joke the original leveling system is, there was no reason to make you go up to level 70.

To be fair - it is just as wonky using Classic.

I think I mentioned this already but I think I was either Level 54 or 56 finishing my first playthrough

They really should have capped it at 50 instead of using the huge spikes in XP to make folks take awhile to get to 60 on a 2nd playthrough (the fact that I had to do EVERYTHING else and didn't hit Level 60 until mid-way through my third "story" planet is bad)

15 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Getting towards the end of ME2. . .only have Zaeed's loyalty mission and Project Overlord to knock out before I get to the Reaper IFF --> Tali --> Legion --> Suicide Mission part.

That and at least checking out the rest of the planets in the galaxy, if not scanning them all. . .I've gotten to the point where I don't even bother launching probes if a planet doesn't start out as "Rich" or "Good" and I already have a ridiculous amount of each resource with just about every upgrade I can get taken care of.

As a completion, I have to deplete every planet or I think I'm wasting resources.  Prob wasting lots of money on probes. 

I’ve decided I’m making this play through a bit of a challenge run: no Spectre grade weapons. Makes the game a tad more challenging, to make up for the fact I’m an Infiltrator also about to use a Shotgun and Assault Rifle.

It’s actually fun playing with guns with some variety; honestly. I like the High Shots before overheat Sniper Rifles.

Started my ME2 playthrough - accidentally hit the wrong button and didn't get to double check that all my choices were correct.

Am paranoid and am now debating restarting just so I can check

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Speaking of Ashley - I FINALLY remembered to have her with my when talking to the Terra Firma guy

I totally forgot about that guy during my first LE playthrough.   I used Fast Travel to get back and forth and brain farted on this guy being in the Wards atrium after Virmire.

2 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I totally forgot about that guy during my first LE playthrough.   I used Fast Travel to get back and forth and brain farted on this guy being in the Wards atrium after Virmire.

Same

This time I was sweeping all the shops one last time so I fast traveled to the Med Clinic so I was able to spot it from afar

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am realizing that I have never seen this interactive comic before

Probably because it was released with the PS3 version of ME2 to make up for PS3 not having a release of ME1 until the Trilogy edition dropped.  It was (Pay) DLC for X360/PC after the fact but it doesn't come standard like the stand along PS3/Trilogy editions did.

Edited by Raziel

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Boy Miranda's hair did not age well

Yeah, her character's doo looks much better in the Mass Effect Galaxy game

Edited by J.T.

I do such the weird order of events

So after getting the Normandy

Go to the old Normandy crash site

Then go the Citadel were

• Recruit Kasumi
  • Give endorsements to all 4 shops
  • Yelled at a Volus and C-Sec for hating Quarians
  • Listened to about a million reports
  • Got drunk and threw up in the bathroom
  • Broke a Krogan's heart
  • Bought the groceries and Brandy
  • Yelled at the Council

Then went back to the Normandy and got drunk again.

That is how I ended my evening

• Haha 1