DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

10 minutes ago, Ace said:

1 million credits to start with was too much. I still have 500k before hitting Tuchunka after buying everything except fish.

If you have a build in mind, there is no need to purchase everything.  Once I buy the Kuwashi visor, I'm all good for head gear, so the only things I buy up from the vendor kiosks are the armor / weapon upgrades available for sale as well as cabin customization items and the Hack / Bypass duration upgrades.

You definitely need more credits now than you did in the original game now that the DLC content has been transferred to vendor control or been converted to research projects.   In the original game, you didn't have to buy the Incisor or the Mattock or the Kestrel armor; those items were automatically added to your inventory.

Edited by J.T.

In ME1 it could be, as the romances in 1 are simply a matter of how many conversations after the big missions, and if you hold off to long on Liara, you can possibly not trigger enough with her that you flag her as Romance and trip the flag with the other one instead (fuck, I know way more about ME's decision/flag system than I probably should)

• Haha 1

Yeah, i went to talk to Liara after we stole the Normandy and all she said was “This will be over soon or such.” Whereas Kaiden showed in my quarters to try and get it on right before we got to Ilos. 

yeah - because you waited so long to get Liara you didn't have enough time to do the romance with her because you can't just spam the talk button and catch up

Basically, the romance builders happen after the 3 major missions and you have to lock it in before Ilos.  But yeah, if you miss one, that's pretty much it.

Well, I guess it gives her a chance to have different partners in ME2 and ME3, since I think she was monogamous with Liara in the old days.

Also once I got her in the crew, I had 65 points to spend leveling her up. 

Edited by odessasteps

16 minutes ago, Robert C said:

For some reason I can’t get Shepard to 60. XP is enough but level won’t roll over from 59. Maybe there some in game thing I don’t remember that needs to happen. I dunno. 

The patch today specifically addresses this... theoretically

• Like 1

I wasn't really paying attention, just plugging along with quests and I realized that I think I have done all the assignments except Geth Incursions and anything that pops up post 2nd Plot world before getting to Feros. (Minus all the scanning/finding ones)

Guess I am going to Feros tomorrow when I get home from work

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

yeah - because you waited so long to get Liara you didn't have enough time to do the romance with her because you can't just spam the talk button and catch up

"Hi, welcome to the crew. I killed your mom. Wanna bang?"

50 minutes ago, Raziel said:

One day I'm gonna figure out what happens when you don't choose the renegade quick option on Udina on 3.

If they have sided with you, the Virmire survivor does the deed

And there's actually LESS than there used to be.

I do like Miranda's new hardsuit you can equip her with.

I'm in ME3, doing EVERYTHING I can before hitting the Veil and starting the Quarian/Geth storyline, and I'm already safely past the Galactic Readiness Minimum.  

Started Feros again

Do all the chores for the colonists and immediately got hit with the squadmates not following bug

Decided that was a sign to stop playing for the evening