DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

Just knocked out Geth Incursion for Tali and remembered that I forgot to do the Colony of the Dead mission, so I'll hit that before going on to Bring Down The Sky.

I'm at the annoying part of the game where I am hurting for weapon mod upgrades like Combat Optics, Kinetic Coils, and Frictionless Materials but every time I salvage a Crashed Probe the game is like Here Are Some More Inferno Rounds!

It is around this time that I usually start arming one or two squaddies with Geth Pulse Rifles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robert C said:

I cand get predator light armor for love or money. Same goes for savant gear. 

Yeah, I had to keep visiting Feros, Noveria, and the Citadel until my logistics asshole finally stocked a Savant amp and omni-tool.  I thought that Simon gave you a Savant omni-tool after a conversation check at the end or BTtS, but his reward is a Polaris omni-tool which is nearly as good as a Savant omni-tool.   The Polaris amp is also nearly as good as the Savant amp.

If you were able to charm / intimidate Nassana Dantius into putting you on the Armali Council preferred customer list, your logistics guy will carry Prodigy amps and Nexus omni-tools which are nearly as good.

Predator armor is also catch as catch can.  Keep visiting the hub worlds and checking with your logistics dude until he brings in the right gear.

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Expat (the Volus merchant on the Citadel) is the one who sells the Armax license and they are the ones who make the Predator armor

Yep.  If you buy the Armax license from Expat, eventually your Logistics dude will sell the Predator armor sets. (Predator, Predator M, Predator L)

Edited by J.T.

Oh great, there’s a trophy for your entire team surviving the suicide mission in ME2. Wonderful.

And now I have to find a few missions that have enemies with armor so Mordin can burn their armor off. Hopefully those’ll be on Tachanka.

Honestly,  if you're a bit of a completionist and have basic logical thinking skills, the "Have everyone Survive" is pretty much a freebie.  

9 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Honestly,  if you're a bit of a completionist and have basic logical thinking skills, the "Have everyone Survive" is pretty much a freebie.  

C'mon. You know me.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Raziel said:

Of course I did Jack's loyalty mission first so I got Warp Ammo, why do you ask?

I forgot how much I fucking hated doing Project Overlord.

I do Kasumi's so I can get the gun.

Hey!  I unlocked the Paramour II achievement during my ME1 New Game+!

1 hour ago, Casey said:

C'mon. You know me.

If you talk to your entire crew and get all of the ship upgrades, your crew should survive the infiltration run and if you make reasonable choices about who you take with you and who you leave in charge of stuff, your team should make it out fine.

Of course the trick is to do the last mission as soon as you have access to the Omega-4 relay.... if you wait... well.....

Doing all of the Loyalty Missions is also important.

There are a metric butt ton of guides out there if you are really struggling.

It pains me to do it, but I usually send Tali into the vents on the first leg of the mission.  The distress in her voice as she moves along is very motivating.  I'm frightened for her and i don't want her to die in there, so I push my squad to murder Collectors as quickly as I can.  Samara, Thane, and I tend to do a really thorough job.

Edited by J.T.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Of course the trick is to do the last mission as soon as you have access to the Omega-4 relay.... if you wait... well.....

I'll bite - why? I just now got the mission to go get the Reaper IFF, but I'm not doing that until I clear out my loyalty and side missions (and romance SOMEONE, since Paramour II didn't pop when I did the Shadow Broker DLC and talked to Liara about marriage).

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I'll bite - why? I just now got the mission to go get the Reaper IFF, but I'm not doing that until I clear out my loyalty and side missions (and romance SOMEONE, since Paramour II didn't pop when I did the Shadow Broker DLC and talked to Liara about marriage).

Good, do not do the IFF mission until you clear out your mission backlog.

Once you do the IFF mission, a timer runs in the background.

Spoiler

If you wait too long to go rescue the crew after they are kidnapped at the end of the IFF mission, the Collectors will prepare them for ascension.

The results are not pretty.  You will rescue nearly everyone, but Kelly Chambers and a few other crewmates will be processed into goo.  It is pretty harrowing to watch Kelly die.

Edited by J.T.
  • Sad 1

If you really want to punish yourself and see what happens if you wait too long to do the final mission after running IFF, spoilers ahoy,

Spoiler

RIP Kelly.  You will have to find someone else to feed your fish now, Shepard.

Edited by J.T.

Just finished my Infiltrator MaleShep NG+ run.  Unlocked Paramour II achievement in the process, so that achievement is not directly linked to ME2 or ME3.  Arguably if you had the patience to run one game as your main character and one NG+ run or on made one ME1 run of MaleShep and another of FemShep, you'd unlock Paramour I and II while playing ME1. 

If you did the MaleShep / FemShep thing and then ran NG+ of one of those games, you'd knock out all three Paramour achievements without playing ME2 or ME3.

Made the final run with Liara and Wrex.  Bringing Liara along for the last mission is kind of a given because Ilos is for Protheans and Wrex works as the Fuck the Council devil conscience side of the conversations.

Also, there is something cathartic about Wrex getting to shoot Saren's corpse in the head during the cutscene before the final boss fight.

God, the ME1 final credits song is probably the 90's hair metal ballad sounding track I will even remotely come close to liking.

Oh, and once again I petered out at 57th Level while running in Legendary Mode and doing all of the content save the Renegade morality mission so like the original game, players will have to find some XP glitch to pump yourself up about six levels early so that you can hit 60th by the end of the game and get the Level 60 import bonuses in ME2.   If the Infinite Renegade / Paragon glitch works then it's is likely that the Therum Laser Drill experience points glitch is also active.

Edited by J.T.

15 hours ago, Robert C said:

Sad that I never thought of waiting till the end to grab Liara till someone here brought it up. Makes ME1 soooo much better. 

Heh - that was me. As I said, it was one of those "rare things in ME" videos. Since most players immediately go get Liara to fill out their squad

Of course they are now popping up constantly in my YT recommendations

I saw one about unique dialog you get from Ashley/Kaiden in ME3 if you bring them to return to Eden Prime. Problem with that scenario is you have to wait till Act 3 to unlock Javik

There is also one about what happens if bring Legion with you to recruit Tali ME2... which is a really bad idea constantly the scenarios that play out to make that happen. (It is fun because Tali rightly pulls a gun on Legion and Male Shepard definitely will be sleeping on the couch as Tali gives him a "We will talk about this later" line)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I saw one about unique dialog you get from Ashley/Kaiden in ME3 if you bring them to return to Eden Prime. Problem with that scenario is you have to wait till Act 3 to unlock Javik

You get the best dialogue if you bring Liara in addition to Kaiden / Ashley.   I got this cutscene because I was dumb and waited until I was nearly finished with the game before installing the Prothean DLC.

In future playthroughs, going to get Javik was like the first thing I did when i can freely travel the galaxy.  I'll probably get him as early as possible this time around since it is one of the best opportunities to unlock the achievement for killing an Atlas pilot and commandeering his mech.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

There is also one about what happens if bring Legion with you to recruit Tali ME2... which is a really bad idea constantly the scenarios that play out to make that happen. (It is fun because Tali rightly pulls a gun on Legion and Male Shepard definitely will be sleeping on the couch as Tali gives him a "We will talk about this later" line)

I also saw this one during one of my playthroughs.   I usually go get Tali as soon as she is available because I need the SMG upgrade since I play an Infiltrator and the Shuriken sucks but once Kasumi DLC came out and introduced the Locust, I could afford to experiment because I didn't have to worry about firepower.

I'll probably never see the Liara Is Hallucinating cutscene.  The urge to rescue her first is just too strong.

Edited by J.T.

I keep forgetting.  Is it enough to keep things informal with Kelly in order to be able to invite her up to your cabin for dinner and eventually get her to feed your fish for you, or do you have to flat out flirt with her?

Edited by J.T.

18 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I keep forgetting.  Is it enough to keep things informal with Kelly in order to be able to invite her up to your cabin for dinner and eventually get her to feed your fish for you, or do you have to flat out flirt with her?

You have less room for error in the just trying to be nice route but you can do it that way.

Otherwise flirting ensures the dinner invite