DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

On 5/21/2021 at 9:46 AM, J.T. said:

I think Saleon's exit strategy was suicide by cop.  The ExoGeni assholes at least had armed mercs and thought they had a shooter's chance of winning that gun battle

I just did the ExoGeni idiots tonight

Boy - I was not sad to mow them down

So Lengendary leveling is BROOOOOOOOOOOKE...

By that I mean that they didn't really scale it properly for a first playthrough, as the back half ME1 was the cake walkiest of cake walks as I didn't run into any trouble.  So I finished ME1 at about level 27 on Legendary scaling.  There was pretty much no point on Iilos that I was threatened (I also had like, most of the highest end gear and my assault rifle was the HWMA X with Tungston Rounds VIII and a Frictionless Materials IX, so I basically oculd hold down the trigger).  But for fun, i went and fired up my PS3 and looked at what my stats were for my first ME playthrough there.  Yeah, a little more than half the points I had this go.

Then I fired up ME2 and imported, and it imported my Shep at Level 54.  

I also forgot that you don't import all your credits over, so I ended ME1 at $5M.  I only brought over $500K.  But man you don't realize how much you miss ME2's controls until you get into fights and suddenly have Power quick buttons again.  (That, and I wasted a ton of gernades in ME1 because I keep forgetting there's no ammo and kept hitting square to reload inbetween skirmishes).

I am playing on Classic and am at Level 44ish (or close to that)

And yeah... nothing is pretty much challenging me. I still have a couple of squishy squadmates and even they pretty much are fine unless a Husk explodes in their face.

The old version I used to finish my first playthrough in the low 50s so I am curious where I will end up here.

I'm playing on Legendary also, but it's about as easy as I remember ME1 being the first time around. I don't remember dying once for the whole ending sequence back then and I doubt that happens this time around. The only time I've died is if I'm not paying attention and I get hit by a sniper. Other than that, you're so fucking OP by the time you finish 2 out of 3 of Liara, Noveria, and Feros and you can steamroll everything. Someone dies? Resurrect them! And the cooldown on that ability is so short. 

Also, weird coincidence, but after talking about how I hadn't come across any Husks, I have now come across them on three straight planets.

Anyway, back to the Citadel to dump off a bunch of shit to Dr. Michel, which is another issue I have with ME1. You get too much loot. Just an absurd amount of loot and it's all very high level very early. I told you guys earlier that I was already getting level 8 gear before I even got to Feros. Now I'm getting level 9 and 10 gear just after finishing Feros.

Ultimately it doesn't matter. I'm just itching to get to ME2 and to finish that for the first time and play ME3 for the first time. At least ME1 isn't bad or anything. It's just ridiculously easy even with the difficulty cranked up.

Yesterday was the first time I got the "You have 250 items. The limit is 300. Blah blah blah." message

Thanks for the heads up. Oh wait... you are literally going to show me that message every time I pick up an item...

I had to stop mid-planet to go back to the Mako to do a massive sell job - the big reason because I had a trillion mods that you can't label as junk (at least I haven't been able to figure out how to do it)

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yesterday was the first time I got the "You have 250 items. The limit is 300. Blah blah blah." message

Thanks for the heads up. Oh wait... you are literally going to show me that message every time I pick up an item...

I had to stop mid-planet to go back to the Mako to do a massive sell job - the big reason because I had a trillion mods that you can't label as junk (at least I haven't been able to figure out how to do it)

Save before you label the Mods as junk(click R3 or whatever the MS equivilent is) as sometimes doing a massive sell softlocks the game.

12 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

You cant just Right Stick them to make them junk? It seems like you can do that any time you go in equiptmemt.

But youre on ME2 now, right? Maybe thats the difference.

No I am in ME still

And you can do it with everything but mods. When you are in the screen to select mods you can convert individual ones to omni-gel but you can do the right stick mark.

Now - it is possible it is because I am trying to do it when on like a planet or something. Maybe I can do it when on the Normandy

20 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

No I am in ME still

And you can do it with everything but mods. When you are in the screen to select mods you can convert individual ones to omni-gel but you can do the right stick mark.

Now - it is possible it is because I am trying to do it when on like a planet or something. Maybe I can do it when on the Normandy

I tried it on the Normandy last week.  It didn't work for me, but it's possible I'm just an idiot who can't figure video games out.  Wouldn't be the first time.

I'm curious how high of a level I'll be when I finish ME1, using classic.  I'm mid 40s, and just started whichever of Feros/Noveria has the ice and bugs.  Haven't made it to Liara or the where I need a bigass bottle of Roundup.

I did it while on foot on a planet in a building. And yeah, pushed in the right thumbstick to mark items as junk and then I turned them all into Omni Gel. I'm also on the PS5 so maybe it's borked on the Xbox?

Okay - I just booted it up and it worked.

Here is what the issue is

When looking at the weapons the "mark as Junk" prompt is there. But when on the mods, it is not there so I never tried it.

23 hours ago, Raziel said:

Then I fired up ME2 and imported, and it imported my Shep at Level 54.  

I also forgot that you don't import all your credits over, so I ended ME1 at $5M.  I only brought over $500K. 

?  

My Shep was 57 in ME1 and was 5 when I imported him into Me2.  From what I remember from the level scaling, that seemed about right.  However I did encounter a glitch.  If you start an imported character and restart the first mission aka the tutorial for whatever reason, all of your bonuses go away including your skill points, resources, and morality bump.

And yeah, I had over five milllion credits in ME1 and my cash reserves went down to about 750K in ME2, so I amassed 4.25 million credits in fees if that extranet e-mail from the bank that I received on my Private Terminal is to be believed.  

Decided not to continue ME2 and made a ME1 New Game+ Infiltrator Shep with AI Hacking as my bonus skill.  Gonna see if I can hit 60 if I keep Legendary Mode on from start to finish.

Edited by J.T.

On 5/25/2021 at 8:07 AM, J.T. said:

Nah, BioWare did their homework for LE.  I was impressed.

As far as pushing Ashley out of an airlock goes,  if you don't snuff her at Virmire during ME1, you still have an opportunity in ME3 to blow her brains out on the Citadel after Udina finally shows his true colors.

Even if you don't gutshoot Ashley, you can tell her afterwards to fuck off to Hackett.

Finished up Geth Incursions last night which basically cleared out all the assignments I had.

I need one light material and one Turian Insignia to complete those so I guess I am going to Noveria tonight.

I don't know why it took me so long to realize that I can speed up this playthrough but not doing Bringing Down the Sky

I am at Level 45 now and if I poke around for the material/insignia first - I will be 46 before hitting Noveria.

So I will easily be in the 50s without finishing BTS

Also might keep Kaiden alive just to finish the Neural Shock achievement now instead of later

Bring Down the Sky went faster then I remembered it going, but it could've been that I just saved it for the last thing I did before Vermire and was thusly OP as fuck.

On the ME2 side, I don't remember the SMG being quite as shitty as it is here.

17 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Bring Down the Sky went faster then I remembered it going, but it could've been that I just saved it for the last thing I did before Vermire and was thusly OP as fuck.

On the ME2 side, I don't remember the SMG being quite as shitty as it is here.

The Shuriken was always a shitty ME2 SMG.   The Tempest and Locust (added by the Kasumi DLC) are far superior.

Edited by J.T.

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also might keep Kaiden alive just to finish the Neural Shock achievement now instead of later

Or you could just start an ME1 NG+ game and give yourself Medicine as your bonus skill.

Edited by J.T.

Funnily I haven't needed to heal THAT much in the game

In fact I only got the medigel achievement last night (along with Barrier)

I am debating on the Kaiden thing since - like an idiot - I forgot that Neural Shock doesnt work on Geth. So I might just finish that one early in the 2nd playthrough

The only other power ones I have left are Stasis and Singularity

OH! That reminds me

I don't know what irritates me more... how long Stasis fucking lasts or my squamates constantly still firing on someone in Stasis

I get all the Ashley hate and everything, but while "super space racist" is a shitty personality, at least it qualifies as a personality.

That's a hell of a lot more than I can say for Kaidan.

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I don't know what irritates me more... how long Stasis fucking lasts or my squamates constantly still firing on someone in Stasis

Turn off your active squad power so that you control what they use and when they use it.