DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

3 hours ago, Casey said:

So yeah I'm not looking forward to that part of ME1, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't super hype for next week. It's got me wanting to play Andromeda again too, and maybe try and finish it. 

Yeah I platinumed that shit so that I could uninstall it, trade it in, and never have to play it ever again.

I never did Insanity on the original so I doubt I’m gonna do it this time either

God I remember how excited we were when we got Eye of the Hurricane the first time

11 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

Trophies/achievement lists are out for Mass Effect: Legendary Edition.

Mass Effect 1 PS4 Trophy List

Mass Effect Legendary Edition Trophies

Mass Effect 2 PS4 Trophy List

Mass Effect 3 PS4 Trophy List

Mass Effect Legendary Edition Achievement List

Basically: 3 separate Platinums for ME1-3 + separate trophy list, a massive list for Xbox One/Series X owners

It will entail doing Insanity difficulty without changing it on all three games. @J.T., @RIPPA or @Caseyor @JLSigman or anyone in the thread, you up for it?

(There may be limits to what I do lol)

I've Platinummed 2 & 3 on PS3. Haven't done 1 because you have to complete it a bunch of times choosing the same teammates for every mission on every playthrough. Those "Complete five missions with a certain teammate" trophies were "Complete the majority of the game with a certain teammate" originally.

Edited by AxB

11 hours ago, Andrew POE! said:

Trophies/achievement lists are out for Mass Effect: Legendary Edition.

Mass Effect 1 PS4 Trophy List

Mass Effect Legendary Edition Trophies

Mass Effect 2 PS4 Trophy List

Mass Effect 3 PS4 Trophy List

Mass Effect Legendary Edition Achievement List

Basically: 3 separate Platinums for ME1-3 + separate trophy list, a massive list for Xbox One/Series X owners

It will entail doing Insanity difficulty without changing it on all three games. @J.T., @RIPPA or @Caseyor @JLSigman or anyone in the thread, you up for it?

(There may be limits to what I do lol)

If I eventually get it, it'll be for PC/Steam. I'm waiting for some price drops and reviews on how the controls work, since that's the main problem I had with the original games on PS3.

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I never did Insanity on the original so I doubt I’m gonna do it this time either

God I remember how excited we were when we got Eye of the Hurricane the first time

I'm just looking forward to scoring a few Mail Slots when I get to ME3.

I'm eternally angry at them for taking my favorite character (both to talk to and play as) from being playable in ME2 to being a "supporting character" in ME3, but I shall still play the hell out of the series again starting in about five days. I still think they dropped the ball with who they removed between 2 and 3 as being regular playable characters in the main game. I'll get over it one day.

On 5/9/2021 at 3:29 AM, Kevin Wilson said:

I'm eternally angry at them for taking my favorite character (both to talk to and play as) from being playable in ME2 to being a "supporting character" in ME3, but I shall still play the hell out of the series again starting in about five days. I still think they dropped the ball with who they removed between 2 and 3 as being regular playable characters in the main game. I'll get over it one day.

To be fair - a lot of that had to do with the storyline decision to allow you to kill everyone in ME2

In ME3 - if either Tali and/or Garrus are dead they aren't replaced as squadmates in ME3 - so you are technically down two crew. (And they are the only two characters you have throughout all three games - Liara aside since technically she is only available for one mission in DLC). I shudder to think if it was possible that you only had say Ashley and James for ME3

And the clearly didn't want to role with the Dirty Dozen theme again in ME3 so they couldn't make everyone available

15 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - a lot of that had to do with the storyline decision to allow you to kill everyone in ME2

In ME3 - if either Tali and/or Garrus are dead they aren't replaced as squadmates in ME3 - so you are technically down two crew. (And they are the only two characters you have throughout all three games - Liara aside since technically she is only available for one mission in DLC). I shudder to think if it was possible that you only had say Ashley and James for ME3

And the clearly didn't want to role with the Dirty Dozen theme again in ME3 so they couldn't make everyone available

But I didn't kill anyone, I was a good commander, don't punish me because other people suck. And I never liked Garrus. I can't even remember who my crew was in 3, just that I wasn't happy about it, haha

If you pre-ordered from MS Store, you may want to flip on your console.   I'm currently downloading a 21 GB update.

Edited by J.T.

I legit was on my way to Gamestop to pre order and then realized that all my local Gamestops are not opening till Noon which is just not acceptable

So I am just gonna take my chances at 7 am with Walmart

Worst case I will do the digital download but it is not my preference

36 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I did go ahead and do the pre order tonight. 

As I posted above, if you pre-ordered through MS store, do not forget to activate your 6000 MS Rewards punch card and claim the points after you confirm your purchase.

On 5/10/2021 at 6:14 PM, odessasteps said:

I did it on my Xbox. Is that same or not?

I think that is the same and you should be able to claim your MS Reward points as long as you enabled your punch card before you made your purchase.

Edited by J.T.

MS Store has updated to show release of ME:LE to be 12:00 AM this Friday.  I think I feel a slight fever coming on and will have to use some sick leave for the day after tomorrow.  I'll probably stay up late on Thursday night to begin the download and then start shooting Husks bright and early on Friday morning.

Saturday will be a bit of a wash because my kid is coming down for the weekend and we're taking my mom to go see Spiral on Saturday afternoon (Mom loves horror movies and British mysteries), so you guys may have a jump on me by the time Sunday rolls around.

I'll get in some quality trigger time while I am.... teleworking.... next week.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1