DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

So Henry Cavill posted a tease last night of a project he is working on and people are losing their minds because it appears to be Mass Effect

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/henry-cavill-must-be-writing-mass-effect-fanfic

There he is, getting his hair and makeup done while showing off his blurry bit of reading. Some detectives over at Gamepressure ran Cavill's pic through Focus Magic - software that handily removes blur from images - and managed to make out words like "Cerberus", "Reaper", "Geth" and "Tali'Zorah". A little more sleuthing and Gamepressure figured out it was a paragraph from the Mass Effect 3 Wikipedia page about the game's plot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

EA posted a blog going over all the gameplay tweaks they are making

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/news/gameplay-calibrations

Next week they will focus on the visual changes

Most important update

Inventory management improvements

Items can now be flagged as “Junk”

All Junk items can be converted into Omni-gel or sold to merchants at once

Inventory and stores now have sorting functionality

The blog also talks about how they will handle the Galactic Readiness issue in ME3 since I know folks asked about that

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

EA posted a blog going over all the gameplay tweaks they are making

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/news/gameplay-calibrations

Next week they will focus on the visual changes

Most important update

The blog also talks about how they will handle the Galactic Readiness issue in ME3 since I know folks asked about that

I'm assuming that inventory thing pretty much applies to ME1 only.  Even there I never had much trouble, at least once I had the money for Spectre gear.  My simple (possibly incorrect) rules

- every gun you pick up is trash.  

- every omni-tool and/or amp that doesn't say "Savant" on it is trash.

- Every armor that  doesn't say "Predator" (except for one Krogan one that I can't remember the name of) is trash.

- The system breaks down a bit with mods, or course, but even there I only went with a couple things and and chucked the rest.

I'd rather the Mako still be janky as hell, but the buildings you visit not all be the same thing. I had to rationalize all the sameness of those buildings as there being a megacompany that had this one, inexpensive template for a building, and whatever corporations were like, "just give us those."

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Casey said:

Prevailing rumor seems to be that it’s a live stream on release day with some of the cast, the devs, etc.

I will miss the live stream on release day.  I am pretty sure I will be too busy shooting Husks in the face.

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh like you aren’t gonna spend the entire first day in the character creator  perfectly recreating your Shepard

That process will take at least twelve uninterrupted hours.

ME character importation made me lazy in the past, so it will probably take forever to tinker with my Shepard this time around.

I was smarter when I made my Cyberpunk 2077 character.  All of his specs are written down on the back page of the World Compendium booklet that comes with the game.  I can almost recreate him in my sleep.

Edited by J.T.

If you are an avid collector of Microsoft Rewards point, there is now a 6000 point punch card that you can activate and earn points for purchasing or pre-ordering ME: LE from the Microsoft Store.

Edited by J.T.

Hadn't been paying that close attention to the release date, so I just now realized I'm heading out for vacation hours before.  First time I've been away from the house for an entire day since 2019.  Another example of my perfect timing.

I'll be in a cabin out in the woods with no TV or internet, trying to convince my wife that those weird ass Axis deer calls are chupacabra.  At least there won't be any temptation to try to find a way to play.

The devs have said that you will actually be able to toggle between the new Mako controls and the original (or as close to the original controls)

I never really had a problem with the Mako controls.   It was the first person weapon sights that were off by a mile that bothered me.   After a while, I just gave up and began eyeballing azimuth in the third person and had much better results.

Notice that they haven't said dick about the Hammerhead yet.

Edited by J.T.

I never had a problem with the controls for the Mako in ME1.

I hated the entire idea of using the Mako.

So yeah I'm not looking forward to that part of ME1, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't super hype for next week. It's got me wanting to play Andromeda again too, and maybe try and finish it. Perhaps when it's on sale again, I'll grab it. I don't want to pay $30 for it, it wasn't that great.

Trophies/achievement lists are out for Mass Effect: Legendary Edition.

Mass Effect 1 PS4 Trophy List

Mass Effect Legendary Edition Trophies

Mass Effect 2 PS4 Trophy List

Mass Effect 3 PS4 Trophy List

Mass Effect Legendary Edition Achievement List

Basically: 3 separate Platinums for ME1-3 + separate trophy list, a massive list for Xbox One/Series X owners

It will entail doing Insanity difficulty without changing it on all three games. @J.T., @RIPPA or @Caseyor @JLSigman or anyone in the thread, you up for it?

(There may be limits to what I do lol)

Edited by Andrew POE!
  • Sad 1

I'm a pretty rubbish Biotic, so I probably won't clear those achievements unless squaddie powers count towards them.  Doing the game on Insanity through all three installments is out of the question at least for my first run.