DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

God.  I forgot all about Bring Down The Sky.  Once again I must live through the heartburn of letting Balak go to save the colony and not busting a cap in his ass in ME3 'cause I need his troops.

This event has fueled my hatred of Batarians over the years.

"Drink it, or I'll blind you one eye at a time."

I loved Bring Down the Sky. I don't think I ever quite hated Batarians, but I so hated Balak.

I am probably the one of the few infidels that knew that "Sharia law" is a redundant term.  No ass is law law will be a meme in no time.

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2021 at 12:50 PM, JLSigman said:

Every incel dudebro and his brother is pissed that Miranda's ass won't be vaccuum sealed into her suit anymore

I am a civilian that works with Soldiers, so I have actually been rather critical of ME2 for not having the characters in proper hard gear for military ops.

They didn't even put them in pressure suits when they're in deep space in zero atmo or on planets with a hostile climate.  It is hilarious to watch Jack run around in a depressurized, near Absolute Zero environment or some toxic hellscape while wearing a rebreather and a fucking sleeveless midriff.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah good luck telling Jack that she needs to cover up

I have no issues with Jack running around half clothed while she's on my ship.  Running around in zero atmo with no protection is asking to be turned into a cloud of red mist.... if you don't freeze solid first.

54 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I chalk that up to her low key using Biotic powers

That doesn't explain why Zaeed runs around with no enviro protection when he is in your squad.

Chatting with a Muslim friend of mine about ME.  The number of things that would need to be cut out for ME to get a Halal rating is astounding.  

Khalisah al-Jilani (and the running gag of Renegade Shep punching her in the face) would probably be written out completely.

Edited by J.T.

On 2/7/2021 at 4:37 AM, SirFozzie said:

No Law is Ass Law?

I'M AN ASS LAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

YEAH I'M AN ASS LAWWWWWWWWWWWW!

(This would work better if I could get the Billy Gunn Titantron from YouTube or something, but that's all blocked from work here.)

Edited by Gonzo
  • Haha 1

Can't wait for this. After dumping plenty of hours into a Paragon Infiltrator FemShep, I can finally run my Renegade Vanguard MaleShep.

Disappointed there will be no Multiplayer. I wonder how that will impact the ending options as I'm pretty sure you needed to play a few multiplayer games to get that 100% rating.

If I remember correctly - once the DLC got introduced (which this edition will be coming with all of it) there were more than enough points to be at 100% Galactic Readiness without have to do the multiplayer part.

Plus one would assume they would just reassign the points anyway

Side note - http://n7hq.masseffect.com/ is still active

My N7 rating is still in the Top 1% of the Globe and more importantly still ahead of @J.T.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

If I remember correctly - once the DLC got introduced (which this edition will be coming with all of it) there were more than enough points to be at 100% Galactic Readiness without have to do the multiplayer part.

Plus one would assume they would just reassign the points anyway

Side note - http://n7hq.masseffect.com/ is still active

My N7 rating is still in the Top 1% of the Globe and more importantly still ahead of @J.T.

Oh for fuck's sake.  IIRC, I should also be somewhere in the Top 1%.

Edited by J.T.

5 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Oh for fuck's sake.  IIRC, I should also be somewhere in the Top 1%.

Yeah - you aren't too far behind me based on the scores in my friends list on that page

I am a little pissed that it appears my challenge score has wiped

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2021 at 12:49 PM, Death From Above said:

The thing that is werid about it to me is they could 100% just say "multiplayer isn't there at launch but a new version of it will come out summer 2021" and it would absolutely make them more money in the long run than it would cost to develop it, but EA have never been long-term thinkers.

I just got my digital copy if Game Informer today and the cover story this mouth is about the ME Legendary Edition

I haven't read the article but they had a tiny little side blurb about why they didn't include the multiplayer and it basically boiled down to it would have taken a lot more work. (It wouldn't have been impossible but basically they decided to focus their energy on doing other things in the game)

I wanna say Mac Walters quote implied something like 75% of the people who played the original ME3 didn't touch the multiplayer

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2021 at 1:01 PM, RIPPA said:

I wanna say Mac Walters quote implied something like 75% of the people who played the original ME3 didn't touch the multiplayer

It does not surprise me that 75% of the ME community are RPG nerds that don't know one end of a rifle from the other and could not flank a stationary target if their lives depended on it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

This is going to turn into bringing  JT's constant admonishing of me not staying in cover. ?

I yelled at Aaron & Big Fresh about that a lot, too.  They always ran around willy nilly while playing classes with tissue paper shields / barriers and died within seconds after an engagement with the enemy.  I just shook my head.

I will miss Don's obscene Salarian Engineer build and Rippa & I competing for Grabs and Charge kills while we're both playing Krogan.

Edited by J.T.