DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2020 at 2:28 PM, RIPPA said:

Sadly - ME3's multiplayer won't be part of the remaster

I saw the No Multiplayer articles on the 10th of the month.

Worst Birthday Present Ever.

Edited by J.T.

• 4 weeks later...

I look at it as DA4 and this Mass Effect game are the "Save Our Studio" games and if you need a Hail Mary you are gonna turn to the thing that brought you to the dance (feel free to insert HHH introing Syxx here)

Plus - Andromeda is such a toxic title for people (for a variety of reasons) that ignoring it is not surprising.

I am a rube so I am excited because I would play 100 games with Liara. Wait... that didn't come out right... or did it...

• Haha 2

The new Mass Effect has me cautiously optimistic. I'm not sure another post ME3 game is really needed, especially after how Andromeda turned out.

Part of me want to see BioWare/EA do the "Star Trek Enterprise" of Mass Effect and show how the whole in-game universe was setup. You play as a character who helped start the Citadel and you lead a group of humans that are meeting the Turians and the Quarians for the first time and have to avoid being killed by the Krogans. A lot of the game would be on Earth and would be analogous to Red Dead Redemption but with sci-fi elements. You'll help pilot a ship using the slingshot beacon for the first time ever. Plus, you'll see the Asari as they really are (note, it'll be an Eldritch horror alien race, not what we saw in ME1-3/Andromeda).

Instead, it'll probably be something else.

So a Mike Gamble - who is the Mass Effect lead - noted a couple of things on Twitter

1) That is a destroyed Reaper that Liara is on (People are using this is say that the Destroy ending is cannon but who the fuck knows)

2) Is this

If they are continuing in the Milky Way then they pretty much have to make one of the endings cannon. Destroy is the most likely one. Regardless I'm guessing this takes place decades or even centuries after ME3. Since there are two galaxies maybe they are continuing Andromeda. A sequel to 3 and Andromeda seems hard to pull.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

GIVE US A DATE!

I was happy to see them say that all the DLC would be included. I figured it would be, but it's nice to get that confirmation.

EDIT: DERRRRRP. May 14 is the release date.

Edited by Craig H

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

GIVE US A DATE!

I was happy to see them say that all the DLC would be included. I figured it would be, but it's nice to get that confirmation.

They did.

The Mass Effect Remaster will release on May 14th.

Also, LadyInsanity (one of my favorite Bioware content creators) with the breakdown

Edited by The Man Known as Dan
  • Like 1

<<Insert Take my Money GIF here>>

Yes I'm gonna get it, and play the whole thing.  I'm digging that they're making everything uniform across all 3 games as much as possible.  

But I noticed, they said all 3 games will run off a single launcher... so the size is going to be the total of all 3 games upscaled?  That's gonna be a bit big.