DVDVR Message Board

Takeover: Orlando

HumanChessgame

My friend says he looks like a Create a Wrestler.  I can't argue against that, especially when it's paired with his MS Paint entrance graphics.

Maybe they can find another guy to pair him with in a tag team to challenge the Authors of Pain.  Jose, maybe?  Have one charismatic guy and one technician.

• Like 2

Let him be the gym bro he is and turn him heel. I think he relied on beating up Candice LeRae and swearing a lot in PWG to elicit heel heat but the basis of the gimmick should be enough for him to get over. Have him rip on the fans, brah. 

13 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I maintain that Austin Aries injury really hurt Roderick Strong. In fact, I would have pegged them to be the guys to dethrone the AoP.

I totally forgot that they were a thing. Yeah, that does explain much. Aries charisma would have easily help carry Strong and maybe aid him in finding his own (similar to what Gable did for Jordan).

• Like 1

I just love how surreal the Sanity match is on paper if we go back a year.

"So on the babyface side, we'll have Tye, Chris Hero, Roderick Strong, and Heidi Lovelace. And on the other side we have Eric Young and the new League of Nations, with a German guy, Big Damo, and Nikki Glenncross,"

I kind of want to do that right now. 

"Yup, so next April we're going to have KENTA, Sami Callihan, Homicide, and (insert female here) and on the heel side is James Storm and..."

• Like 2

Have no issues with the tag title match rated over 4 stars.  Just an incredible match and maybe the best WWE match of the weekend.  Asuka vs Ember was very good as well and probably deserving of the 4 plus stars

Roode vs Nakamura as over 4 stars is just complete bullshit and almost strikes of star fucking (the adoration of a certain wrestler not the actual star ratings).  I am not even sure that match was better than the first one.  

If you listened to WOR, you would have been able to hear him out before he released his rating for the match. He really REALLY loved the match. He explained that in big matches, he loves the selling of limbs and Roode and Nakamura just did an amazing job.

I know many here didn't really dig on the match and I think EVA hated it, but I thought that main event was fucking great. It had a really smooth, slow build to make you think you were getting the finish before Roode hit the chop block on Nakamura's knee. Then you really got into the limb work and even then I sat there thinking they would put the title back on Nakamura. They didn't overdo it on the false finishes and when they did it made sense. The Kinshasa hit by Nakamura was not at full strength since Nakamura had to slide to hit it, so of course Roode would kick out. Roode then busting out a tornado implant DDT to put Nakamura away was a fitting end to the match.

That's total bullshit. The main was at least a quarter star better than the tag.  It was an absolute classic and damn near perfect and Bobby Roode is the fucking best.

• Like 4

He really isn't. I really don't understand what this board sees in matches, or in this case, doesn't see. Yes, the tag match was awesome, but that main event was great.

I wasn't as high as you were on that AJ ironman match from TNA you mentioned in the March Madness thread. It was well thought out but I'm big into crowd reactions and the crowd wasn't really buying into the heat portions of the match (so, like 80% of the match). Awesome ending but kind of surreal way to end a PPV. 

Roode comes off to me as a poor man's Triple H's poor man's Ric Flair.

On 4/5/2017 at 2:36 PM, turk128 said:

And they should do more with Velveteen Dream.

A thousand times this.

Outside of Nakamura, The Revival and The Drifter this guy was the best part of the NXT live show down here in Melbourne. He wrestles his gimmick and played amazingly well off the crowd.

I would be all in on a Patrick Clark mega push.