DVDVR Message Board

[2nd RD] MATT RIDDLE vs. SAMOA JOE

MATT RIDDLE vs. SAMOA JOE  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

I know Dylan didn't enjoy Joe live (and freely admit that he saw him much more than I did in that setting), but I really loved him in the Joe/Aries vs Tye/Nak match I saw. He was the perfect straight man for the match, portraying utter disgust for Aries when he was getting stooged by Tye, as if he was some sort of homeless leper and not his tag team partner, and then instituting just the right amount of infuriating stalling (itself a contradiction because of his size advantage and how he acted towards Aries) when it was his time to face Nakamura. Then, when they were on offense, he shifted gears and made full use of Aries, managing to treat him almost like a prop. The two of them had great chemistry. We have some of the matches from that loop on youtube (and I admit they don't do Nakamura any favors), but not that one from the "Baltimore" show. I thought he really brought a lot to the match though.

For people who loves promos and character, Riddle is one of the most BIZAAAAAH and funniest guys out there:

He studies zoology so he knows how to best attack an animal should his life depend on it. Does Samoa Joe know the best way to take out a bear?

• RIPPA locked this topic