DVDVR Message Board

[2nd RD] IO SHIRAI vs. #DIY

IO SHIRAI vs. #DIY  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, Oyaji said:

I believe it was Charlie M. who said Gargano is doing a Shawn Michaels tribute with his selling and I'd agree, though I see that as a negative. A little too hammy for me and he doesn't have the facial reactions for it to be the Ricky Morton-level either.

Gargano isn't there now but I do think he has it in him to be Tommy Dreamer as it pertains to his selling someday, and I mean that in the worst possible way.

14 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Selling #DIY short the way you appear to be doing could lead to people thinking they are being underrated and deserve the vote.

I could make the argument that #DIY is being underrated (not specifically in the thread/vote but in general) as I am already seeing the building sentiment of Revival/#DIY was Revival vs. two random dudes

15 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Selling #DIY short the way you appear to be doing could lead to people thinking they are being underrated and deserve the vote.

Then at least we have the condition where people actually watch #DIY and Io Shirai matches to come to that conclusion and aren't just blindly voting for one or the other.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I could make the argument that #DIY is being underrated (not specifically in the thread/vote but in general) as I am already seeing the building sentiment of Revival/#DIY was Revival vs. two random dudes

I think this is a very valid point, and one that needs to be mentioned more. I love the Revival to death, but Gargano and Ciampa were so god damned great in those matches as well, and needs to be brought up more. 

This match is just a fucking bastard of a 2nd round match. For as many flaws as some people think Io has, apparently, I'd still take her over anyone else in Japan from this time period pretty easily. And I have DIY getting to the Final 4. These both are in my top 5 for people I'll vote for this tournament with Revival, Miz, and Styles. This matchup is just a bitch. I just hope people are watching matches from both to give them a fair shot. 

20 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Joe, Owens, Omega, Galloway, and Okada moving on when Io isn't makes me sad. But it's were we are.

They both had multiple matches better than Io's best matches, and that's excluding their Dome show. And it's "where" in that situation.

I'd love to hear what she has that those two don't though. If it's anything like GOTNW's reasoning, well... I actually think her flaw of overkill is far more flagrant than Okada and Omega's tendencies.

• RIPPA locked this topic