DVDVR Message Board

[2nd RD] DREW GALLOWAY vs. WYATTS

DREW GALLOWAY vs. WYATTS  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Chicken Sandwich Carl said:

I know it's early, but someone is going to have to explain to me, in depth, why you'd vote for The Wyatts.

Drew has the shit luck of being a single dude making his own case where the Wyatts have irrational love for Bray or Luke Harper to drag the team across the finish line.

In my case, I voted for Luke Harper.

• Like 1

I actively really liked the Wyatt/Orton/Harper incarnation of the Wyatts. They were the best part of the Survivor Series matchup which I enjoyed while being frustrated by. I feel like Bray has held his own in any big match he's been in. Orton is significantly better as a heel. Harper is awesome. 

They aren't going much further, but I buy the Wyatts winning this one.

I guess outside of presentation, I just cant see it. I love Luke Harper more than I love one of my kids, but I just don't see the matches outside of the EC that beats Galloway's TNA work or his Evolve work. He isn't perfect by any means, but really, I just don't see the body of work from the Wyatts that tops Galloway's.

• Like 2

So Wyatt's are going to get through another round based on Bray's aura that he hasn't had since the Shield feud and Harpers potential that was completely torn apart about how little he's really done this year in the last round?  Oooooookay. 

• Like 5

Enjoyed Wyatt and Orton as a team. Loved Drew's feud with Lashley and the matches that delivered more. Very good singles matches against both Hardys, a great underdog babyface performance against Tyrus, good TV stuff against EC3, Eli Drake, Moose, etc. Vote Drew

Wyatts are the sum of one guy I really like (Harper) one guy who's had better days (Bray) and one that I'm very on/off about (Orton)  If all three were equally awesome this would be a vote for them, but since they're not I'm going with Drew.  Drew's been too good to overlook.

4 hours ago, Chicken Sandwich Carl said:

I know it's early, but someone is going to have to explain to me, in depth, why you'd vote for The Wyatts. Galloway was hurt for a bit, but he has good to great work in a variety of different styles and The Wyatts don't.

4 hours ago, Chicken Sandwich Carl said:

I guess outside of presentation, I just cant see it. I love Luke Harper more than I love one of my kids, but I just don't see the matches outside of the EC that beats Galloway's TNA work or his Evolve work. He isn't perfect by any means, but really, I just don't see the body of work from the Wyatts that tops Galloway's.

This.  Again, I love 2/3 of this group, but if this is about the matches, not a single one of them (even if it's due to shitty booking, injuries, etc.) has anything in this period (aside from the Chamber, but once more that's five other guys and you can't hand it all to Bray) that should be carrying them over anyone of note.

Galloway gets my vote because he actually had a lot of good matches against a lot of different opponents this year.

And I saw him face Jeff Cobb live and that's more memorable than anything Wyatt related beyond Bray's title moment.

And I'm still bitter about Elgin.

• Like 1

Tied it up. Just can't vote for the Wyatts. I look at all three of the current incarnation and it's like they haven't done much outside of Bray winning the title and even that is totally overshadowed by the match he won it in and that he's just going to dump it off to Orton. The best thing I could say about the Wyatts, other than Luke Harper is great, is that until a couple weeks ago, it's the most "interesting" Orton has been. Even then, Orton didn't change his style and you were still watching Randy Orton be the most Randy Orton guy he could be.

The Galloway stuff I've been put onto in the last week or so has been fantastic. And the stuff people have said about Bray's aura and Luke's wasted potential apply to my thinking as well. But also, this is the year where we praise the Miz for getting over by not killing himself dead, right? So did we forget that Randy Orton consented to letting Brock Lesnar kill him dead? 

I voted for the Wyatts last round because Elgin does sweet fuck all for me while the Wyatts do just enough. But that's as far as I was willing to go in good conscience. Count me as an enthusiastic vote for the former Chosen One. 

• RIPPA locked this topic