DVDVR Message Board

[2nd RD] KENNY OMEGA vs. CHRIS JERICHO

CHRIS JERICHO vs. KENNY OMEGA  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

This poll is closed to new votes

Omega mistakenly thinks he's as funny/clever as Jericho (who, admittedly, grates on me every bit as often); Jericho mistakenly thinks he's still as athletic as Omega, and can wrestle like it. I'll go with the guy who had good matches over the guy who did not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Jericho has had a fun year but he's on the downside of his career, in-ring.  Omega is entertaining and continues to get better. 

FIFY

• Like 3

I'm very very hit or miss on Omega the character and Omega the wrestler. I also didn't really care for the Okada/Omega match, so that doesn't bode well for him

But Jericho is just a character without having the in ring worker in there. He's the "his case if his out of ring stuff" I care for the least.

Don't know who to go with.  

I was stunned when Barbaro lost to Jericho, no way thatshould have that happened.  I like the guy, but against anybody else I'd still vote over Jericho out of spite.  The fact that he's against Omega makes this vote all-the-more easier.  Easy vote for Omega.

13 minutes ago, JohnnyJ said:

What's the match case for jericho?

2 hours ago, Cristobal said:

It's been a great year for Jericho, but he has nothing to stack up to Omega/Okada.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Or Omega / Naito from the G1.

There's not.

Jericho was mostly a detriment to enjoyment before his team up with KO. The beginning of the feud with AJ was good, the Y2AJ t-shirt release immediately before the break up was aces, but I'm not sure if that was in the voting period (the rules are still real to me damnit) and the less said about the Dean feud the better. 

I don't think anyone is wrong about Jericho, but I do wish he was at least getting the same amount of credit and love the Hardys are benefiting from.

I realize it's a low bar, but is there a better feud heading into Mania? That's a lot of heavy lifting for mostly character work.

Voting for Jericho over Omega is objectively the wrong vote, so you should all be punished. Then again, I've liked all versions of Omega, so I might be biased, even thought I'm not. Objective, remember. It's just simple facts. :P

I don't think that Okada match is as good as Meltzer or some of the Bullet Club fanboys say it is, but it is a damn great match regardless.  Jericho did some great character work, but all the DDPYoga in the world won't make him as good as he seems to think he still is.  Omega all the way.

1 hour ago, Chicken Sandwich Carl said:

I still can't believe Caveman lost.

You're new here, March is a month designed to break your heart. These things happen. Take solace in the knowledge that Kenny Omega will likely advance causing Rippa to spew bile everywhere...