DVDVR Message Board

[2nd RD] ROMAN REIGNS vs. SHINSUKE NAKAMURA

ROMAN REIGNS vs. SHINSUKE NAKAMURA  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

This poll is closed to new votes

I disagree with that take on Styles would be in the same position as Nakamura very very very strongly. There's a lot of things I can say about Styles, but he never takes a day off. He wrestles every match like it's a big match. Nakamura wrestles every match as if it's "another match he is wrestling in" 

I dig Roman in the ring most of the time, but not so much otherwise. On the other hand, I like everything Nakamura does. Even if some of his big matches haven't lived up to expectations this year, he's all around a better performer. Besides, I'll take YeaOH! over OoWAH! any day.

6 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I would have never thought Vince's "GOD DAMMIT GOTTA MAKE ROMAN LOOK STRONG PAL" edict would reach as far as DVDVR but here we are

Wasn't your gimmick that you hated Japan and loved PWG? What did I miss?

This match up is hard for odd reasons, Roman almost always brought the goods in matches but I wasn't actually interested or anticipating his matches, while I was always interested and anticipating Nakamura's matches they sometimes weren't up to the level they could have been. Roman has the matches but he lacks the connection. Also even with his less polished english Nakamura is a better promo in that he sounds sincere, confident and non-scripted while the Big Dog almost always sounds like he is reading lines some one else wrote. 

I'm going with Nakamura but it was way closer than I would have thought a year ago.

• Like 3

• RIPPA locked this topic