DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 3/30/17

*Taped for Xplosion: Angelina Love def. MJ Jenkins

Impact Wrestling - Airing March 30, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*Karen Jarrett comes to the ring and says Maria is gone after having a nervous breakdown so her open spot has led to unprofessional behavior. Karen calls out Sienna for being a bully. Karen says that everyone says Sienna is a problem. Sienna blames Allie for telling Karen. Sienna states that she got to Impact on her own merit not because of who she married. Karen responds that Sienna has no idea what she did to get to Impact. Karen demands an apology but they are interrupted by the debut of "KM" Kevin Matthews, who says he is Sienna's cousin. He threatens Karen leading to Braxton Sutter & Allie making the save so Karen books Braxton vs KM tonight.

*Andrew Everett def. DJ Z. After the match, Trevor Lee & Gregory Shane Helms come out to tell Everett that he will have an opportunity next week.

*Jeremy Borash interviews Rosemary in the ring. Rosemary asks who is left for her to beat after she's retired Gail Kim and blackened Jade's soul. ODB interrupts and says she will become 5 time champion. Most of the knockouts roster come out including Brandi Rhodes, Angel Rose, Rebel, MJ Jenkins and they all want a title shot so the segment breaks into a brawl among all the knockouts setting up a knockouts #1 contenders gauntlet for next week.

*Ethan Carter III comes to the ring for a promo. He says he must evolve and become an EC-3 time world champion. James Storm interrupts and says he built this place. Storm goes over his historical moments and asks EC3 where he was. Storm wants to be world champion again. They talk about letting the people decide the next challenger.

*Moose(c) def. Cody via split decision to retain the Impact Grand Championship. During the match, Cody accidentally knocked out one of the ringside judges so Bruce Prichard came out to replace as the third judge. Prior to the final round, Brandi Rhodes walked away from ringside.

*KM (w/ Sienna) def. Braxton Sutter (w/ Allie) after a powerbomb backstabber. After the match, they get into a brawl with Braxton & Allie getting the upper hand. Laurel Van Ness comes out and screams I hate you at Braxton & Allie.

*The Latin American Xchange (Angel Ortiz & Mike Draztik w/ Konnan, Homicide, & Angel Rose) def. Decay, Reno Scum, and Garza Jr. & Laredo Kid to win the vacant Impact Wrestling World Tag Team Championships

5 minutes ago, Thibs said:

Okay these look a lot better. I think you may have missed the main event?

Not 100% what main events where, so just trying to piece things together where they seem to make the most sense. Seemed to set up EC3/Storm but no match was taped, unless they do it tomorrow to add in here since they always tape out of order. Will move things to the proper topic where needed or as it becomes more clear

On 3/4/2017 at 9:38 PM, DreamBroken said:
*The Latin American Xchange (Angel Ortiz & Mike Draztik w/ Konnan, Homicide, & Angel Rose) def. Decay, Reno Scum, and Garza Jr. & Laredo Kid to win the vacant Impact Wrestling World Tag Team Championships.

Okay, so the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train after all.  I actually like EYFBO.

Signing everyone in Team Pazuzu would be a step in the right direction, but JJ will not do it because it is the right thing to do.

On Saturday, March 04, 2017 at 6:38 PM, DreamBroken said:

*Taped for Xplosion: Angelina Love def. MJ Jenkins

Impact Wrestling - Airing March 30, 2017 from Orlando, FL

*Ethan Carter III comes to the ring for a promo. He says he must evolve and become an EC-3 time world champion. James Storm interrupts and says he built this place. Storm goes over his historical moments and asks EC3 where he was. Storm wants to be world champion again. They talk about letting the people decide the next challenger.

*Bruce Prichard in-ring segment to reveal the result of the fan vote for #1 contender and the winner is James Storm. EC3 comes out and argues the result, calling the system rigged. Bruce tells EC3 to look in the mirror and ask what happened to EC3. Bruce brings up EC3 not only losing to Alberto but tapping out. EC3 responds that he will do what it takes to prove what he's made of.

If they held a fan vote to determine who the #1 contender was and it was on a pre-taped show so no one could vote...I'd say Carter has a point!

• Like 1

I'll start with the negatives and say that Josh needs to be off TV immediately.  It's not that he's not good at his heel role (he's hit-or-miss)  It's that I just can't stand bickering announcers and feel they drag down the show.  I just want one of them off TV so might as well be Josh.  And whoever thought making a "Make Impact Great Again" red hat should fuck the fuck off.  I made my political point in the reboot episode, but it still applies here.  It's another reminder that Impact sucked and also is another reminder of the orange goblin.  For the love of everything pull that from the store.

But while the show still had some odd moments I'll admit it still had some good stuff.  The tag match at the end was pretty damn fun and I'm curious what the new crop of women do.  I'd feel better about it if ODB and Rebel weren't in this but what can you do.  And I'm hoping the AAA partnership doesn't lead to LAX disappearing because they're IMO the big highlight of the show.  You know what you're getting with Konnan and Homicide, but this was a great showcase for the rest of the crew.

God, trying to watch parts of this show is a chore.  That opening segment with the backstage booking meeting was brutal, followed by Karen Jarrett as Stephanie-Lite cutting off the legs of one of their wrestlers followed by the introduction of some dude for no apparent reason.  I'm not sure I'm going to make it to the tag match at this point.

The end of the tag match is a bit spot monkey-ish, but totally worth it. 

The new LAX's double team finisher is totally indytastic and Laredo Kid sells it like absolute death!

I am now in the pattern of not giving a shit about TNA unless LAX / EYFBO, Garza & Laredo Kid, or Rosemary is on the card.

Preferably all of them.

• 2 years later...

it's been a minute since I've done one of these, Pluto had this one and I watched outside of the Broken Hardy stuff any of the TNA on Pop Era so what the hell:

I like the way the Creative meeting was shot, fly on the wall handheld multiple angles. Felt different. Dutch in a tie that was worth that segment alone. How long was Josh Matthews heel? 

Karen Jarrett was the Authority Figure once? I missed a lot. They also ret-conned the shit outta Karen Jarrett's character did they not. She got on Sienna's case for bullying but didn't Karen Jarrett bully the entire Knockout's Division when she was in charge of it? I remember an angle where Karen had the Knockouts wash her car once. Karen kind of sort of addressed being a bully saying there's she regretted doing. KM debuted in this segment to crickets. He got a who are you chant. Love that. He screamed his promo, what an angry man he's defending his "cousin" Sienna's honor. This went on forever dude. I guess it served a purpose, KM vs Braxton Stutter was announced for later in the show.

DJ Z vs Andrew Everett was good. They'd work to a spot, slow it down work toward another spot. X-Division match but had phycology. Everett with the roll up win was cool, the ring IQ a pin can happen anywhere any time. That X-Division Championship was ugly as fuck.

The clips of that ODB match, what was that? Earl kissing everyone, falling in love with ODB. ODB asking where Ey was. It was all absurdly enjoyable.

I've seen Rosemarys Impact Career in reverse and she's gone through changes but e very character does over time but she seems to have always delivered. The "Knockout's Burial" she brags about depleting the Knockout's Division. Don't argue with a crazy person. ODB comes out and that makes sense as they showed her return the week before, prior to this segment. All the Knockouts come out and they all want a title shot of course. I forgot Cody and Brandi had a cup of coffee in Impact. This ends in a brawl.

If I was EC3 right now I'd probably be kicking myself for leaving Impact. Big Fish in a small pound doesn't seem so bad now I bet. He come's off as a big deal here. The Impact Zone seemed to dig him. This may be a turning face promo I'm not sure. He could already be a face at this point in time. James Storm is slighted by a comment EC3 made and he comes out and cuts a really good promo about being the franchise player in TNA. Crazy Storm's one World Title run only lasted a week, I've always been a fan but the powers to be I guess never saw him as a singles star. He come's off as a star to me in this. This was a fan segment this should have opened the show if we are gonna open with segments. I'm confused by the way this segment ended. So the fans are gonna vote either for Storm or EC3 to get a title shot against Lashley?

This is the only thing i've ever seen of Cody's time in TNA/Impact. And I believe it's one of the last appearances. He's wrestling Moose for the Grand Championship. This is my first look at The Grand Championship, Billy Corgan's invention. It's a 3 round points based system or something. Cody was wearing a belt too IDK what belt it was. Where was he champion at the time? Jon E Bravo is the judge of the match. He's in a suit i've only ever seen in sparkly Y2J shirts. He takes a bump a minute into the first round. Of course he does.  Bruce Prichard is the replacement Judge. Cody's dad's friend is the judge now, oh Cody stacking the cards in your favor. Cody of course is the one who "accidentally" kicked Bravo off his seat in the first place. The format of the match was different with the rounds and all but I thought the match was really good. I forgot how fun Heel Cody could be.

That VP of Davey turning on Eddie set to that melodramatic music I kn ow was suppose to be serious but I laughed it was so over the top.

The Powerbomb into a backstabber was a gnarly finish from KM. Match was cool, it was a vehicle to get KM over. Allie and Sienna got into it after the match, then Chelsea Green drunk in a wedding dress shows up and thats that. You forget how many people who are now somewhere else stopped over in TNA until you see them in TNA and you're all like "word they were in TNA".

I'm always down for an LAX Clubhouse Mini Movie. Cool to see Homicide.

This was when Anthem chased off the Hardys while they not only were the hottest act in the company but also the Tag Team Champions so this match is for the vacent straps. I've seen Reno Scum wrestle a dark match at the ROH 13th Anniversary Show they loss to Jimmy Jacobs and Adam Page. It seems like they'e had like q dozen start and stop runs in TNA over the last four years. I've only ever seen Decay in the Delete of Decay match, when did Abyss drop the mask? This must have been around when Laredo and Garza  first showed up in TNA. And I know this was early in this incarnation of LAX's run. Garza's tear away pants spot got a pop from some of ladies in the crowd I heard em. This match was really fun. I enjoyed the hell out of it. They gave it a good amount of time and everyone involved got their moment in the sun because of it. Pope had my favorite call of the night with "Oh my goodness, sweet macaroni and cheese!". LAX grabs the win.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The belt Cody had would probably have been the WCPW Internet Title. He held it from November 2016 (beating El Ligero)  to April 2017 (losing to Gabriel Kidd) , and famously took it with him everywhere (usually WCPW would take the belts off the Champions at the end of the tapings and keep them in the office, but Cody thought his job as Champion was to promote the promotion, so he kept it.