DVDVR Message Board

[1st Rd B] JEFF COBB vs. CHRIS HERO

JEFF COBB vs. CHRIS HERO  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

This poll is closed to new votes

Tough draw for Cobb. I've seen a lot of him last year and really enjoy him, either as Matanza or as himself on the indies and would take him over many others in this tournament. But man, Hero was a beast last year and it would be really hard for me to vote anyone over him.

Facing each other and with the outcome probably clear, I feel like I should just pimp Hero/Cobb from PWG Prince last year.

Really good match that really dragged the end but definitely worth it to check out.  I know the non-tournament/anniversary supercard PWG stuff doesn't get as much love, so I doubt a whole lot of people have seen it. 

Tough draw for Cobb.  Fat Grizzled Veteran Chris Hero giving a shit about pro wrestling is on an even higher plane than That KO Kid Chris Hero giving a shit about pro wrestling.

It's fun to watch Cobb throw people around but he's just not there yet.  I was about to say that Hero is more well rounded but that would come off as a shitty pun. :P

But anyway, I feel like Cobb puts together a bunch of crazy feats disguised as a match and he still gets super blown up halfway through.  Hero actually puts on great wrestling matches.

• Like 1

This is like the Princeton vs Georgetown of first round draws. Cobb as the plucky underdog giving Hero absolute fits the whole way. Hero ekes out the win in the end but it's the kind of match people talk about for years afterwards.

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

I'm not sure how a 48 vote lead is "giving him fits" but okay

Well, sort of how everyone here wants Cobb to advance and against almost everyone else he'd go through... but Hero is the wall he just ran up against. Individually it's a close vote... it's just that everyone has Hero going over in a squeaker.

Or something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonnyLaw said:

If everyone on the board agonized and thought about Hero v. Cobb and in the end, narrowly went with Hero, it would be a shut out but wouldn't mean Hero was that much better than Cobb.

Precisely.

3 hours ago, Sin Carne said:

Bad joke time.

Reveal hidden contents

Cobb Salad:

14495013603_52c876fdfd_o.jpg?w=630&h=419

Hero Salad:

blueash1.jpg

The Hero Salad looks like some EpicMealTime type stuff and I'm not sure I would be up for trying it.  But that Cobb Salad looks absolutely delicious so yay for making slightly better food choices!

I can see Hero making the final 4, though he'll have some heavy competition getting there.

• RIPPA locked this topic