DVDVR Message Board

[1st Rd B] DREW GALLOWAY vs. WILL OSPREAY

DREW GALLOWAY vs. WILL OSPREAY  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Choose One

This poll is closed to new votes

Even if Galloway wasn't great, and he is, he'd get my vote due to my utter disdain of Will Ospreay.

Dude doesn't understand who he is as a character, spams moves that only hit a portion of the time and has a smug, unlikable persona but is consistently positioned as a face. 

He's a hell of an athlete and I hope he figures it out, but for now I hope he burns in hell.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Chicken Sandwich Carl said:

but for now I hope he burns in hell.

Dang, that's serious venom for the guy. Does he owe you money, or did he get drunk and hit on your significant other?

• Like 2

Ospreay is far more tolerable as a heel than as a face, feels like it's his natural leaning. It also makes him tone things down, which will doubtless add years to his career. His highs this year have probably been higher than Drew's, but I prefer Galloway in his matches to Ospreay in his

27 minutes ago, zev said:

Dang, that's serious venom for the guy. Does he owe you money, or did he get drunk and hit on your significant other?

In all honesty, it just feels like Davey Richards 2.0 where a ton of people want to convince me he's good because of flash and I hate it. He's bad. Real bad. Put on the damn glasses, Keith David, and see what I see!

3 minutes ago, Chicken Sandwich Carl said:

He knows what he did.

Fair enough, I know what's it like to think a wrestler deserves a fiery fate for reasons that need not be shared on a board.

I've really enjoyed Galloway's TNA stuff up until he became Grand Champion, because that whole division is booked incredibly poorly.

I actually went Ospreay here because, yeah, I loved that Riccochet-Ospreay match.  He's way too flippy, he does some really dumb moves, but he also does stuff that makes me go "I,uh, I didn't think that was possible for a human being."  I like that.

2 minutes ago, caley said:

I actually went Ospreay here because, yeah, I loved that Riccochet-Ospreay match.  He's way too flippy, he does some really dumb moves, but he also does stuff that makes me go "I,uh, I didn't think that was possible for a human being."  I like that.

I can respect that. I just can't get past the dumb stuff.

6 minutes ago, Chicken Sandwich Carl said:

I can respect that. I just can't get past the dumb stuff.

I can respect that.  Probably if I watched A TON of Ospreay this year, I'd have soured on him.  Probably... I mean, I still like the Bucks, too, so...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, caley said:

I can respect that.  Probably if I watched A TON of Ospreay this year, I'd have soured on him.  Probably... I mean, I still like the Bucks, too, so...

I wouldn't even say I watched a ton, I just kept giving him chances because it looks like he could be something, eventually, and he just isn't yet. My fault, really.

that gif of osprey and ricochet was one of the few times one of my non-wrasslin friends got a hold of me about wrasslin, to express in short "what the fuck is wrong with your hobby." The last time it happened was Omega attacking that child.

Also, I watched that Galloway/Lashley KO/Submission match last night and that ruled so, body of work, I put Drew Mac over either way.

I like the idea of Drew Galloway, Legitimate Indy Heavyweight. I'm not convinced the Evolve style is necessarily the best for him, mind you. On the other hand I loathe Osprey, so there you go. I think this might screw up my ballot, mind you.

Before ROH I only saw that gif of him against Ricochet (and soon after the actual match)  I thought it was pretty cool and was interested in what he could bring to ROH.

Fast forward to his first TV match and he does a ton a moonsaults trying to land on his opponent.  First time seeing it I think it's a one-off and didn't mind it.  Then he did it in another match.  And another.  Add to that the other needless stuff he does and it didn't take long for me to say "Duuuuuude, cut that shit out!"  If a heel run means him doing just that, then i'll wait and hope for the best.  But until then Galloway gets my vote.

Interesting choice, Will Ospreay is an incredible athlete and the very epitome of meaningless flippy-floppy self indulgent indy bullshit that I loathe. I think he has it in him to be a pretty good heel, once he dials it down a few notches. Galloway is a perfectly acceptable power guy who deserved much better than the hand he was dealt by WWE. 

• RIPPA locked this topic