DVDVR Message Board

Another Attempt at a MARCH Wrestling Thread

RIPPA

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Just because you are wearing them now doesn't mean you would be wearing them later

The event is too close to my place of business to screw up in public.  Never piss where you sleep.

I can ill afford to be "that guy" on this side of town.

Must be a slow local events day.  The local affiliates have sent peeps to the WWE meet and greet just in time for the noon news break.

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Fuck, imagine that match being the last thing you see on this Earth.  Life is horrible sometimes.

Goddamn. Now I'm having a nightmare of watching something like New Blood Rising or Great American Bash 2005 while I'm working out and having a heart attack during the Goldberg/Nash/Steiner triple threat or the Concrete Crypt match b/t Taker and The Dudleys.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

Goddamn. Now I'm having a nightmare of watching something like New Blood Rising or Great American Bash 2005 while I'm working out and having a heart attack during the Goldberg/Nash/Steiner triple threat or the Concrete Crypt match b/t Taker and The Dudleys.

Holy fuck, if you died while watching that match you should get an automatic in to get to Heaven.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Holy fuck, if you died while watching that match you should get an automatic in to get to Heaven.

But what if my death wasn't on the format sheet or if St. Peter decided he wasn't going for the finish? I guess God would have to improvise. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cwoy2j said:

But what if my death wasn't on the format sheet or if St. Peter decided he wasn't going for the finish? I guess God would have to improvise. 

Jesus's first miracle was turning water into wine and the whole Sodom & Gomorrah pillar of salt thing was pretty creative.  I am fairly certain God knows how to Brody the booking.  You will make out just fine..

Maybe you will get to be a billionaire for a month or two like the dude in Heaven Can Wait?

In other related wrestling news, Rey Mysterio Jr, will be your host for the The People's Network Showcase:  Action Edition this Friday night on El Rey Network.

• Like 1

Maybe it was already discussed on here, but I love HHH's totally bullshit explanation that Roman is a heel because 70% of the audience sees him as that, so they're really just presenting Roman to the audience in a different way that they're not used to seeing because it's not a traditional heel.

Now, I like HHH, but fuck all of that. So, programming Roman against other heels with announcers treating Roman as a face is really just a different way of presenting him as a heel to the audience. Riiiiiiiiiiight.

Yeah, Roman totally isn't turning heel at WrestleMania. This company is so fucking delusional.

On 2017-03-27 at 3:06 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

...the second match on the card, which was a six-man tag with R-Truth & Goldust & Curtis Axel vs. Shining Stars & Titus O'Neil. Most fans at the show didn't know this even happened.

Well, it is the perfect time for a piss break.

6 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

No one would ever die during the New Blood Rising triple threat.  The rest of us had to suffer,  Why should the dead get off easy?

• Like 1

Question is there a website for ticket information for the New Japan LA Show? I'm going to be at Wrestlecon when tickets go on sale so I want to make sure i'm all ready to when 11am hits.

I don't know where Bayley/Sasha were that it's near J.T., but if it was in Maryland I'm pretty bummed I was working from home today.

Also, the guy dying at the event is pretty sad.  But while I'd wish for a better match dying while watching wrestling is pretty much the way I'd want to go out.

The Detroit News did an oral history of WrestleMania III due to it being the 30th Anniversary

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/2017/03/29/wrestlemania-iii-oral-history-30-years/99729286/

Haven't read it yet but 1st 4 people quoted are Vince, Alice Cooper, Jake Roberts and Hillbilly Jim

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I guess they have to tow the company line but jeez

It's clear that Meltzer talked about the "real" number and they wanted no part of that in the piece

I also liked how the just let all the workers be all WE DIDN'T KNOW IF ANDRE WAS GOING TO DO THE JOB!!!!!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It's clear that Meltzer talked about the "real" number and they wanted no part of that in the piece

Right?  I specifically read the Meltzer quotes looking for that.  The closest thing to it is him saying "it's not like they sold 60,000 right away" but then there's mysteriously no quote from him on the final number.

Now I'm getting bummed wondering how many of the wrestlers believe the worked number.

Want the most exhausting, frustrating experience of your week?  Read the bickering over the attendance numbers in the Talk section of Mania 3's Wikipedia article.