DVDVR Message Board

Another Attempt at a MARCH Wrestling Thread

RIPPA

1 hour ago, MongolianAxeMurderer said:

I passed out drunk during the Joey Janella show so I just finished it. Janella vs Jannetty was fun, nothing great. I don't know who looked to be in worse shape, Virgil or Hebner. Lee vs Lio was good but nothing close to Lee vs Ric. This was only the 2nd or 3rd time Ive seen Lio since I haven't big into indy wrestling lately. Severn vs Riddle was awesome. I love that Riddle took the mic afterwards and said they didn't plan anything and just beat the crap out of each other. Severn deserves a lot of credit as he was a bit slow on his feet but still looked great with grappling and submissions. Fun show overall even though I thought the Clusterfuck match was even more of a clusterfuck than advertised.

On a sidenote, is Floslam video quality always this iffy? Or they just having issues because its a busy weekend?

I've actually been surprised to not have any issues YET and the 720p looks really good even on a 4K monitor. Was it buffering for you? Quality drops?

Elgin vs. ZSJ isn't for the title today because of Elgin's attack on Zack after the show yesterday. How novel! Don't reward people for being dicks, trying to murder somebody, etc. 

People need to see that Dijak match. It was as good if not better than the Ricochet match. Humans that big shouldn't be doing that and the psychology was pretty great too. Lee's gonna start showing the killer instinct Hero said he was lacking. 

Galloway/Rush was good and the ending was absurdly awesome.

• Like 1

It's crazy how big WrestleMania weekend has gotten around the show.

I remember when ROH first did the triple shot Detroit/Chicago weekend, but I never thought it would become this, ya know?

7 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's crazy how big WrestleMania weekend has gotten around the show.

I remember when ROH first did the triple shot Detroit/Chicago weekend, but I never thought it would become this, ya know?

It also shows you how much wrestling has grown since that time instead of the indy scene dying out even more. I mean, yes, there were other independent promotions, but RoH was pretty much considered to be on the top of that heap and there were questions about how much life it had left.

10, 11 years later and I don't think anyone saw wrestling being this big. It's awesome.

• Like 2

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic