DVDVR Message Board

Another Attempt at a MARCH Wrestling Thread

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Add this to potential returns between tomorrow and Tuesday:

(spoilered just in case someone doesn't want to know who this is about)

What perfect timing. Why, I do say that's a oppurtunity to get the band back together is weekend. 

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

The EVOLVE show starting in an hour features Keith Lee vs. Ricochet (UH, YEAH). Too much good wrestling but I'm feeling the new Floslam sub is going to pay dividends big time.

Taking a piledriver through a table on a Thursday night, non-main event match, is setting a high bar for stunts early.

Totally. It's been a fun show. My buds were part of the Darby Allin medic crew, so it was neat seeing them on a big show. The segment dragged and could've been abbreviated to better effect. 

Lee/Ricochet should pop the crowd back up again. 

I subscribed to FloSlam just for this weekend. Ricochet vs Keith Lee was ridiculous. I have never seen Keith Lee before and he was definitely impressive. Will vs ACH was awesome too, the highpoint being the ending spot.(don't wanna spoil it since it just happened). Matt Riddle vs Dan Severn is going to be the high point of the night though, I'm sure.

46 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

This is an interesting watch.  Triple H and Steph giving a tour of Axxess.  I think the company will be in good hands. Spoiler for size.

Hide contents

Oh my goodness. They're every corny mom and dad ever. And that makes me happy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MongolianAxeMurderer said:

Triple H was trending on Twitter for greeting people waiting in line and taking pics with fans. Seems like he is a much better face for the company than Vince was.

Probably due to HHH having been a young fan once upon a time that wanted to grow up to be a wrestler. I doubt there was ever a time Vince didn't resent that his family was in the rasslin' business and its fans, even as it made him filthy fucking rich.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

This is an interesting watch.  Triple H and Steph giving a tour of Axxess.  I think the company will be in good hands. Spoiler for size.

Reveal hidden contents

I think we can all agree that we all want Ben the archivist's job.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MongolianAxeMurderer said:

This Joey Janella show is a mess so far. Invisible Man and Glacier got pretty good pops in the clusterfuck match. I'm hoping Veda Scott wins cuz shes vegan like me. Dink just entered and I just remembered his name is Claude Giroux and as a Flyers fan I find that amazing.

I wanted to check it out when apparently it was to come on at 11pm, but it was commercials going in well past 12.  I'll have to catch the replay if anything for Riddle/Severn.

The whole show was such a fun experience though. Riddle/Severn just beat the piss out of each other, seriously look at Dan's chest from the slaps, Lee/Rush was pretty good but half the match the Ricochet match was, Jannetty/Janela was a fun time but could've been way stronger with a few tweaks, the Callihan opener was a great sprint, Matt Tremont bled everywhere, the clusterfuck was awful at first with green guys but got super enjoyable as more vets and gimmicks came in, and the intergender match was pretty fun for what it was. The wrestling was pretty sloppy here and there but the atmosphere and incredible Excalibur commentary made it such a unique trip that I hope it becomes an annual shindig.  

I passed out drunk during the Joey Janella show so I just finished it. Janella vs Jannetty was fun, nothing great. I don't know who looked to be in worse shape, Virgil or Hebner. Lee vs Lio was good but nothing close to Lee vs Ric. This was only the 2nd or 3rd time Ive seen Lio since I haven't big into indy wrestling lately. Severn vs Riddle was awesome. I love that Riddle took the mic afterwards and said they didn't plan anything and just beat the crap out of each other. Severn deserves a lot of credit as he was a bit slow on his feet but still looked great with grappling and submissions. Fun show overall even though I thought the Clusterfuck match was even more of a clusterfuck than advertised.

On a sidenote, is Floslam video quality always this iffy? Or they just having issues because its a busy weekend?

36 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I posted this in the Table For 3 thread but it is interesting enough to mention here

Would have been better if it were Corny and Russo. Corny would have to check his gun in at the door.