DVDVR Message Board

Another Attempt at a MARCH Wrestling Thread

RIPPA

2 hours ago, J.H. said:

30 years  ago today "The Techwood Drive Miracle" happened!

James

Do they still use that studio for anything these days?  Would be cool to visit if they did, although I'm sure it looks nothing like it would have back then.

I love that The Gladiators used War Machine as their music. And they're supposed to be the West Coast champs from California but both of them sound like they're from Mudlick, KY. IIRC, The Gladiators were George South and Gary Royal.

David Crockett made wrestling fun 99% of the time (he was annoying that other 1%). I wish we had a guy like him instead of whatever it is Byron Saxton does. Saxton seems like a nice guy and Naylor puts him over for helping people fine tune their characters but he's not very good at commentary and hasn't gotten better.

Though... it could be worse.

Spoiler

percy-watson-12936426246494101-132698820

1 minute ago, Oyaji said:

David Crockett made wrestling fun 99% of the time (he was annoying that other 1%).

Was that 1% always the very end of the show when he pointed out they were all out of time?

• Like 2

I liked Tony's explanation of this on one of his recent podcasts. Nobody told him anything until right before the clothesline, when they relayed something through the earpiece that something was going to happen. Typical. 

8 hours ago, Web Conn said:

I'm working on a paper for class on Pro Wrestling in the 1970's. I googled professional wrestling in the 1970's and I haven't found anything worthwhile. Does anyone know any articles or essays or pieces on 1970's wrestling that are worth checking out?

Hey man, I'd maybe check out KayfabeMemories if it's still around. Lots of old territory stories from around those times.

Bix's article reminded me - was that book about the NWA monopoly on wrestling any good? Was released a while ago just never got around to checking it out

Updated list of upcoming WWE PPVs since they announced Battleground in Philly

The site of WWE's Battleground PPV, which will be a SmackDown show, will be the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.

The WWE made the announcement live during last night's Raw show at the building.

Battleground takes place on July 23rd and will be one of two PPVs that month. The Raw brand will run on July 9th with the Bad Blood show, the day after what is expected to be UFC's biggest event of the year, the annual International Fight Week major show.

WWE's other PPVs through SummerSlam are:

• WrestleMania 33 (April 2nd at Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida)
  • Payback (Raw PPV on April 30th at the SAP Center in San Jose, California)
  • Backlash (SmackDown PPV on May 21st at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois)
  • Extreme Rules (Raw PPV on June 4th at the Royal Farms Arena in Baltimore, Maryland)
  • Money in the Bank (SmackDown PPV on June 18th at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri)
  • SummerSlam (August 20th at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York)

One of my old Gamestop homies may have an extra ticket to tonight's Smackdown taping in the 804.  Pray for a brotha.

American Alpha are making a promo appearance today at Colonial fucking Honda in Colonial Heights from 11:30AM to 1:30PM.

That is like ten minutes from where I work.

Why did they not send Sasha and Bayley to this event?

56 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Why did they not send Sasha and Bayley to this event?

Because they are on RAW...

.... and to keep them away from creepy folks like you

• Like 10

18 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Sad story from WO's daily update:

An elderly fan passed away at the WWE event last night in Portland, ME. He collapsed and fell out of his seat early in the show, at the start of the second match on the card, which was a six-man tag with R-Truth & Goldust & Curtis Axel vs. Shining Stars & Titus O'Neil. Most fans at the show didn't know this even happened. EMTs at the arena gave him CPR for about 20 minutes before he was rushed to Maine Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

Fuck, imagine that match being the last thing you see on this Earth.  Life is horrible sometimes.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Because they are on RAW...

.... and to keep them away from creepy folks like you

That is an unkind thing to say.  I totally remembered to wear pants to work today.

• Like 1