DVDVR Message Board

Another Attempt at a MARCH Wrestling Thread

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Shibata Is My Homie said:

Evil pinning Tanahashi in the 1st round of the New Japan Cup continues the sliding down the card of the former Ace and the movement up for a younger talent.

FYI: There's a thread for the Cup here -

2 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

I hope a fan cam from that match eventually comes out. 

First couple of minutes are random parts of earlier in the show but it appears to be the whole match. And the sound doesn't synch up with the video.

But that is one - I am sure there are others

21 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

In 30 seconds, Lance Russell proves he's a better promo than 90% of current active wrestlers.

And likely still a better announcer than 99% of them.

Fuck, now I want to go to Jonesboro and see Lance Russell get his revenge.

• Like 1

So according to Big Show of all people - Rusev needs shoulder surgery and will be out for a bit (this was relayed via Meltzer)

So that at least explains Fastlane now

So that's what the whole '30 days with no weight lifting' deal was about. Trying to heal it non-surgically... shoulders are tricky though. I healed my torn shoulder without surgery (or pain medication for that matter*) and it took two years**. Although I didn't actually stop lifting at all, just eased up a bit.

* I bought a pack of 16 paracetamol once. I had to throw them out, they went out of date before I used them.

** I was already in my 40s at the time though. Rusev is still under 30*** I think, so he should heal faster.

*** I checked, he's actually 32. Born December 25th 1984. Wrestling Jesus!

57 minutes ago, alstein said:

Rusev has had a lot of major injuries- that might be another reason he's not getting a push.

This is the first one that is forcing him to miss time

The ankle just caused him to start wrestling in boots. The nose just had him wrestling in a mask.

I mean if major injuries = no push - then explain Randy Orton or Seth Rollins

He was more not pushed because of his wife than injuries

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

The ankle just caused him to start wrestling in boots. The nose just had him wrestling in a mask.

Which is funny considering what Seth "survived."

3 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Another clip of Ibushi doing Ibushi things

What in the fuuuuuuuck...Dude shot the roman candle at himself. Man. So Ibushi not wanting to be tied down to any one promotion and wanting greater freedom seems to allow him to play out his life as a real life cartoon character and to be wrestling's Johnny Knoxville.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Some of his injuries were pre main-roster and were more major, such as torn ACL and broken neck.   And yeah, once you get to a certain point, injuries aren't going to rob your status , but Rusev was never at that point.  Barrett almost was, but Cena chumping him prevented that from ever happening- if Barrett won the belt I think he'd still be in WWE today.