DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

5 minutes ago, Edwin said:

I purchased that one Fire Pro game on PS2 some years ago, but I never got the gist of playing it and just simmed matches which was pretty boring. Is this worth playing?

Can I find quality 90's All Japan and 90's Japanese garbage indy CAW's?

If so, I may give this a purchase.

You should definitely be able to find them though unsure who makes what you need.  But if you don't find it when typing it in English translate the name to Japanese and you might have better luck finding who you want.  As for garbage matches if you remember the modes they still have landmine and barb wire matches.  As for getting the gist of playing it mission mode does help a lot with that.  Same goes for Fighting Road where the first bit of it is learning various things about the game.

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

You should definitely be able to find them though unsure who makes what you need.  But if you don't find it when typing it in English translate the name to Japanese and you might have better luck finding who you want.  As for garbage matches if you remember the modes they still have landmine and barb wire matches.  As for getting the gist of playing it mission mode does help a lot with that.  Same goes for Fighting Road where the first bit of it is learning various things about the game.

Thank you brethren!

The last wrestling game I picked up was WWE 2K18 and I got frustrated in about an hour. Even doing a simple move like a slam was some complex button combination, so I ended up returning it.

I'll snag this on Friday on PS4 and give it a shot. I'm sure if I can snag a quality Onita, Goto, Hayabusa, Kawada, Kobashi, Misawa, Taue, etc. CAW's I'll be good.

Alright, came across these on YouTube:

Def. gonna need to pick this up.

Edit: One last question. Is there a limit as to how many wrestlers I can have on my roster and/or how many arenas and/or refs? Or does that depend on my hard drive?

Edit 2.0:

?

Keep in mind, those camera angles are PC only, and only through mods.  You won't get that out of the PS4 release.

For the PC version, your wrestlers/arena/refs are only limited to your HDD space.  The PS4 is limited to 1000 wrestlers, and I'm not sure about the rings and refs.

17 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Keep in mind, those camera angles are PC only, and only through mods.  You won't get that out of the PS4 release.

For the PC version, your wrestlers/arena/refs are only limited to your HDD space.  The PS4 is limited to 1000 wrestlers, and I'm not sure about the rings and refs.

Last question -- what's the difference between the regular edition for PS4 and the deluxe edition? From what I could grasp -- the deluxe edition just includes the New Japan licenses for some wrestler names, some New Japan arenas and some type of additional game mode. Correct? What's that game mode?

Given I'm sure I can DLC Liger and anyone else from New Japan, plus the rings and all the other junk, then I guess there's no need for me to get the deluxe edition and just go with the standard, no?

Trying to see what exactly the deluxe edition is and all I keep reading is season pass and I have no idea what they are talking about.

The regular PS4 edition has the NJPW content, which is most of the Heavys, about half the Juniors, all the IWGP and NEVER titles, the NJPW Ring, and Red Shoes, along with the Story mode, which you start as a Young Lion and work through the YLC to Excursion and back to NJPW.  

The Deluxe is just prebuying the upcoming DLC, which is stated to be Promoter mode, a roster update adding in the Juniors that didn't make it and missing Heavys under contract to NJPW, as well as a Junior path to story mode.  If you have the regular edition, that'll all be paid DLC.

While they're still updating (like the extra moves that just got patched in), it's hard to get a read with the sales if they're going to continue working on the game and if the DLC is eventually going to come out, so Deluxe edition is pretty much buyer beware.  It's a matter of I'd rather eat the cost of the DLC when it comes out than go Deluxe and eat that money if the DLC never comes out.

There's additional content they're planning on adding at some point in the future. The season pass is basically pre-ordering that, only you pay in advance. And if they don't get to releasing it ever, you paid for nothing. Whereas if they do release it and you don't have a season pass, you can still buy it if you want.

You ever go on the search list and just go most subscribed? Because I was surprised how current WWE-centric it was. Nakamura being number one makes sense because it's an NJPW game now and he's the one NJ guy who's not there. But Ricochet at 8th most subscribed? Why does Kofi Kingston have 500 fewer subscribers than Big E and Xavier Woods? Didn't expect to see Pete Dunne in the top 50 either.

Just uploaded 3 edits for PS4. Quiet Storm, Mike Enos and Kendall Windham. I know, who the hell was asking for Kendall Windham and Mike Enos, but I'd rather make someone who hasn't been done yet than add yet another Seth Rollins or Sting. 

https://firepro-w.com/user/profile/BrianS081177

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Just uploaded 3 edits for PS4. Quiet Storm, Mike Enos and Kendall Windham. I know, who the hell was asking for Kendall Windham and Mike Enos, but I'd rather make someone who hasn't been done yet than add yet another Seth Rollins or Sting. 

Reminds me of the weirdo edits I did way back in the day. Tajiri, Dr Wagner, Kaori Nakayama... I think I may have frightened Ray a bit with my Tadao Yasuda edit. ?

42 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

I feel like this implies that people were asking for Quiet Storm and I have several questions about that.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I feel like this implies that people were asking for Quiet Storm and I have several questions about that.

That was my thought exactly. I'm thinking, who wanted Quiet Storm?

My next thought was, was Quiet Storm the guy with some form of dwarfism.

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

That was my thought exactly. I'm thinking, who wanted Quiet Storm?

My next thought was, was Quiet Storm the guy with some form of dwarfism.

Well nobody really wanted him I'm sure, but I'm one of those guys that has to have the full, up to date rosters and he was one of the few NOAH guys I hadn't found yet

Encourage him to stand back or circle instead of initiating grapples so much. And look at him doing more big moves early (so he gets reversed) and more weak moves late. Possibly make sure he has a lot of moves rated D or E, so he gasses himself out by using them.

Question: How do you make edits heels? I've got one that should be booed no matter what he does.