DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

10 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

The logic for the default guys is a lot better than it was in Returns, IMO.  At least as far as the New Japan guys.  You'll still get some shitty submission finishes ending long matches though.

So, just like the real thing then?

• Thanks 1

Got my first critical today via DAI FUGO'S LARIAT-O. Very satisfying.

My son is editing an Ultimate Warrior that looks pretty good for a 10 year old's first shot. I mean... I knew it was Warrior as soon as I saw it, which is a step above some of the shit I've seen published.

What is the timing for Strike Exchanges.? I've won one, but I don't know if I actually did anything to win it. I just hit x when I figured it mattered, but i don't actually know when that is.

• Like 1

I hate button mashing.

But I do love the strike exchanges.

The only real downside to the game is the same thing it's always been: submissions. I often just turn them off because nothing sucks more than ending a 30 minute epic with a headlock hold. 

Wish marking a move S or F was the only way that it could cause a sub. Everything else is just weardown.

• Like 1

I admittedly have not seen any All Japan in the last several years., but I wanted to download some of the main guys off the current roster. Which of these two edits of Zeus (the japanese wrestler, not the guy from No Holds Barred) is better?

#1: https://firepro-w.com/item/detail/6130

#2: https://firepro-w.com/item/detail/1373

17 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I hate button mashing.

But I do love the strike exchanges.

The only real downside to the game is the same thing it's always been: submissions. I often just turn them off because nothing sucks more than ending a 30 minute epic with a headlock hold. 

Wish marking a move S or F was the only way that it could cause a sub. Everything else is just weardown.

I'll probably end up saying this a lot but that last feature idea is exactly in one of the mods on pc. 

• Like 1

So, has anyone gotten far enough into Fihhting Road to get put in a stable.  I just want to find when the choice point is so I can make sure I end up in Suzuki-gun. 

Although,  I'm only 1.6% in so I think I got some time. 

41 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I'll probably end up saying this a lot but that last feature idea is exactly in one of the mods on pc. 

Until now, I didn't even think about that. More than arena and ring edits, I think that might have been my favorite mod. It really does suck to have a match end with a dumb submission and that particular mod to turn that off was the best.

Maybe we can all compel Spike to patch that in. I'm honestly surprised they haven't done that already.

Played a little bit last night. First match was Nagata vs. Kanemaru. I got a Critical with the backdrop suplex. Played a few more matches and then started a few matches in the Fighting Road mode. My finisher right now is a clothesline that I ended up spamming to win matches with.

1 minute ago, Ramo2653 said:

Played a little bit last night. First match was Nagata vs. Kanemaru. I got a Critical with the backdrop suplex. Played a few more matches and then started a few matches in the Fighting Road mode. My finisher right now is a clothesline that I ended up spamming to win matches with.

Let us know if you unlock the secret World Japan stable.

• Like 1

Initial thoughts on Fighting Road:

This is the mode I really wanted, and a mode that I LOVED back when it was in FPG.  I'm only like, 4 matches in I think (I just did the Go 15 minutes and win with your finisher mission), but it's good so far, especially with the training stats up.  I do kind of wish that moves didn't unlock so fast, as you haven't had a Young Lion's match yet and you can edit your outfits and movelists past what standard Young Lions would have (yes, I'm using Nagata's Backdrop Hold as a finisher and not a Crab, DON'T JUDGE ME!)  But so far so good, at least until I unlock the Brainbusters and the Western Lariat.

Started out today with a little CHAOS vs Suzuki-gun action. Greatly amused that video game YOSHI-HASHI has way more charisma than the real one. Also, Taichi should really have a taunt where he throws off his pants.

How does one tag in and out? Asking for a friend.

Without looking I'm pretty sure it's what ever shoulder button does breathing.  It's one of the shoulder buttons

But if you set up the tag you have to be sure to set up all your partners to 1P too or you'll just tag in a computer guy and have to bum around on the apron until you get tagged back in.  You can press the tag button to call them over but they'll only tag you in if they feel like it.  That's probably how tag matches work via default in story mode, since it's all about being that one dude you make.

Also for those of you that haven't been playing the series or haven't played Returns before this, set up elimination tags - they're one of my favorite modes of any video game - especially if you do an insane 2/3 falls elimination tag match.  Just be sure to turn time limits off.  And Criticals on HIGH

Because Criticals on HIGH is the real man danger vibe you need in a pro wrestling ring

• Like 3

On 8/29/2018 at 7:38 PM, BrianS81177 said:

I admittedly have not seen any All Japan in the last several years., but I wanted to download some of the main guys off the current roster. Which of these two edits of Zeus (the japanese wrestler, not the guy from No Holds Barred) is better?

#1: https://firepro-w.com/item/detail/6130

#2: https://firepro-w.com/item/detail/1373

Second one’s a bit too bulky for my liking but I think is the better one. An ideal would cut the difference between the two.

I can't see them, but Zeus's build has been more jacked looking at various phases depending how much weight he's cut. Probably more an age thing. The Bodyguard looks like a giant steroid ready to explode regardless.

• Like 1

So, I pre-ordered the deluxe version that was supposed to have fire promoter,  Fighting Road: 2017 NJPW Junior Heavyweight Championship, and "additional" scenario." However, none of that candy came with my initial download? Are we waiting for this stuff to come out later as DLC like a season pass or did I get hosed?

3 minutes ago, Ramsey said:

So, I pre-ordered the deluxe version that was supposed to have fire promoter,  Fighting Road: 2017 NJPW Junior Heavyweight Championship, and "additional" scenario." However, none of that candy came with my initial download? Are we waiting for this stuff to come out later as DLC like a season pass or did I get hosed?

It's coming out later.  You basically paid for the season pass in advance instead of buying it from the PSN store.  Considering who knows when all that comes out I just got the regular version.