DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

Figured something out on the main site:

If we upload something, you can click on our name and see our profile.  While you can't see everything someone downloads, if we favorite something, people can see what your favorites are- so we can check out each other's accounts and give each other recommendations that way too.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pete said:

So how long before we do the obvious thing and create ourselves for a full-on DVDVR promotion?

Just tell me where to sign up.

Would be kind of awesome to do it on Twitch and have full-on commentary and everything, but that sounds like a tremendous time suck.

• Like 1

Started in yesterday the moment I got home from work. Quick question however. How do I (or can I even) make logos/patterns for my ring mats and aprons in PS4?

I made my CAW that has always been based on me. He used to have long flowing chestnut hair and did the frog splash. Now he's bald with a greying beard and just chops, elbows. and chokes fuckers out.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ramsey said:

Started in yesterday the moment I got home from work. Quick question however. How do I (or can I even) make logos/patterns for my ring mats and aprons in PS4?

You would need to make the logos/patterns on your computer with some Photoshop/Gimp like program.  Once that's done then you upload it to FPWNet.  There's size requirements for the mat, apron and corner posts.  I believe Critical Club can help with that.

13 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

You would need to make the logos/patterns on your computer with some Photoshop/Gimp like program.  Once that's done then you upload it to FPWNet.  There's size requirements for the mat, apron and corner posts.  I believe Critical Club can help with that.

Thank you, man.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ramsey said:

I made my CAW that has always been based on me. He used to have long flowing chestnut hair and did the frog splash. Now he's bald with a greying beard and just chops, elbows. and chokes fuckers out.

Ram-CO?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

I just got it and didn't have much time to get into it tonight. Am I correct in assuming that I have to download wrestlers one at a time?

No packs in World and you have to transfer them from the retired section to active promotions. I know in steam you can subscribe to collections and they'll download like a pack but you'd still need to transfer them. It was awfully tedious before they allowed you to transfer more than one edit at a time. I didn't have much time playing with the ps4 version yet and I haven't tried their download website so I'm not sure if it works like steam or not. 

As I didn't have a tonne of time I didn't want to start Fighting Road. Instead, I did a few missions and played random NJPW matches. Holy shit is it weird playing fire pro with super accurate faces. They look amazing! I'm definitely rusty, losing to cpu level 7 Tana (I love how they have him do the aishimasu deal post victory). 

6 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

I just got it and didn't have much time to get into it tonight. Am I correct in assuming that I have to download wrestlers one at a time?

Yes, and then you have to go to team edit and take them out of your retired section by using transfer wrestler.  Hopefully this is something they can tweak in the future. 

Its not the most user friendly aspect for downloading user generated content. 

Since I never got really thoroughly into playing on PC, I didn't realize until recently that finisher stealing only works for front grapple square + x moves. I really hope they expand to other move positions, I mean not even being able to do a finisher steal from a back grapple is kind of ridiculous. 

Got in some matches this morning.  Between student teaching, work, and my credential program I'm basically on 13 hour days and just want to sleep when I get home at night so I've only played a few matches:

Iizuka vs Ibushi - mangled the pretty boy until he made a comeback, which was cut off by Kanemaru interfering.  Then it was the Iron Finger of Death > pin in a pool of blood.  He turned around right into it.

ZSJ vs Naito - Naito criticaled me with the Destino and then just shrugged.

ZSJ vs Naito 2 - wore his arm down until it dangled dead at his side then tapped him out.

Who's tranquilo now, dickhead?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ramsey said:

He used to have long flowing chestnut hair and did the frog splash. Now he's bald with a greying beard and just chops, elbows. and chokes fuckers out.

That should be the tagline for this board at this point, really...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AstroBoy said:

How is the AI logic for comp vs comp matches?  I didn't like it much in Returns and I kind of want to just run a sim league if the logic is good.

As good as the edit maker who made the edits. There are certain limitations but logic is the series' strength. With the addition of extra move sequence slots, you can chain more and more stuff together now. 

I do wish they opened up the possibilities for said sequencing so the second part isn't always dealing with a downed opponent.