DVDVR Message Board

FIRE PRO WORLD

Craig H

On 7/9/2020 at 1:35 PM, Jiji said:
  Reveal hidden contents

r/firepro - Major W for anybody that has wrestlers with deleted parts

No earthly idea why the reddit user's screenshot is so massive, but I think this may be of some interest, @NikoBaltimore. I doubt it's retroactive though. We shall see.

Any word on this patch? Didn't wanna turn on and randomly lose half the wrestlers or anything if that could be avoided.

14 hours ago, Jiji said:

I know pc has been patched at least once since then. However, I think what it addresses is for edits uploaded after the patch. You may still be hooped. 

Yeah, when I found that out I will eventually turn it back on but there's about 5 dozen edits I have to take care of.  I'd rather just take a break from it all for awhile which is one main reason I got Ghost of Tsushima.  I know I made the right call as the game rules but I'll get back into this sometime next month.

Are there any wrestlers you don’t like IRL, but who you like to play as? For example, paimro has a Ryuji Sai that looks awesome and is very fun, so I use him a lot, despite making it a point in real life to skip his matches.

Same (though to a lesser degree) for Akebono.

I don’t think I have that yet. I think some edits have made me appreciate certain wrestlers more like a good bit of the STARDOM roster.

I’ll say one thing it’s made me realize is that some wrestlers are so theatrical that it’s impossible to re-create them in a video game setting. I’m thinking somebody like Jerry Lawler. Although a skilled move creator could create moves that can accurately recreate their offense, but that’ll require extra details to achieve it.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I had a Great Khali edit in Fire Pro Returns that I would use all the time. While I have positive memories of Khali as World Champ on Smackdown, that's more due to where I was at in my life (started making decent money, finally purchased a car that wasn't a POS, going out more, etc) that the actual wrestling.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2020 at 9:30 AM, Control said:

Are there any wrestlers you don’t like IRL, but who you like to play as? For example, paimro has a Ryuji Sai that looks awesome and is very fun, so I use him a lot, despite making it a point in real life to skip his matches.

Same (though to a lesser degree) for Akebono.

Gosaku Goshogawara

Google translated Director Matsumoto's interview with Famitsu where he jokes about retiring from Fire Pro. Says the 2d limit has pretty much been reached and if they were to return with another wrestling game it would be 3d like KOC (but not actually KOC). Talked about the difficult journey and how it wore on him. Dude is still apologizing. He said the interview he did with Taichi was a turning point and helped him find the resolve not to quit and leave Fire Pro a mess.

Sounds like he'll continue to push for a 3d wrestling game in house like he did for Fire Pro. Says Fire Pro is Showa Era and that it's time for something more modern and easier to build in 3d.

Can someone please post some gifs of the created moves on the new FIRE PRO game? I mean I've been so stoked and happy to see these! SOME AMAZING SHITE! Hell, post a link, it's the greatest thing that makes my day checking this part of the board and seeing what you geniuses have came up with! 

Even the M.U.S.C.L.E.S. Little Pink Men maneuvers. 

Long live FireProWresrtling and your creativity!