DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

You can buy the entire trilogy - it just depends on if you prefer to play on your PC or a console (it's available on all of them). Generally they are running between like $35 - $45 new (at least online)

The trilogy set also comes with some DLC already on the discs (what comes with what version can be found HERE)

After that you could choose what additional storyline DLC you wanted (but again that would come down to which version of the trilogy you wanted.

I personally would play all three just because you can't capture everything without doing so. THat being said - the controls are very different than the other two games and can be somewhat of a chore.

If you don't want to invest the time to play the first game - then you can start with ME2 and just make choices at the start of the game to help fill in the gaps from not playing the original. But at a minimum I would start with ME2

• Like 1

Still going through my latest play-through. Didn't get a chance to fire it up for about a week or so.

Ashley wound up shooting Wrex on Virmire (I didn't have enough Charm points to prevent it from happening), and I left her behind to be sacrificed. So things are going swimmingly so far. I actually managed to do Bring Down the Sky (for the first time) before I went to Feros, so I'm probably over-leveled at this point, but that's fine.

I don't remember the original game being this hard the first time I played through it.

I really love the random moments that happen when you get a good group of strangers playing together.

We were fighting Cerberus on Vancouver and it was Wave 10 and fucking devices.

I am playing as my Turian Sentinel. I get to the 4th Device. Dude is playing as a N7 Paladin. He runs up and plants himself in front of me with his shield. As I finish the device - a fuckton of Cerberus have mounted a charge on us. I pop up and mowed down over a half dozen Guardians with my Indra as the guy never budged and just protected me the entire time. Fuckers who just want to get shit done and don't care about killing everything on screen are the best.

Anyway - finally got my 200 waves with the Cabal Vanguard so I never have to play her again.

For planning purposes - I am back all-in on ME3 multiplayer due to the hectic holiday schedule. (My wife and I are rarely around at the same time so I can't advance the single player storyline).

So I would much rather play we you folks than randoms so I have a week basically to work with before I leave for the holidays.

I am figuring that I will have either Saints Row 4 or GTA V to play after Xmas - so the ME3 window might be closing soon.

I'll jump in whenever you want some ME3 multiplayer time.

I've actually been playing a lot of gold matches lately, mainly because I'm playing with someone who actually does guides on how to play characters on youtube. I am rapidly discovering the only character I should be playing on Gold is the Turian Soldier. The only character in which I don't run away from everything because I'm confident in my damage output and ability to take a hit. Only things that bug me with that character are are the Collecters.

It is always interesting to me when you find folks who almost two years after the game came out (okay - I am playing loose and fast with rounding up there), they are just starting to play it.

Which then always makes me wonder how long EA/Bioware will keep the servers running.

It still isn't that hard to get into a full match (except at the really odd off hours) and in fact, I run into the really annoying folks way less than I normally do

It is always interesting to me when you find folks who almost two years after the game came out (okay - I am playing loose and fast with rounding up there), they are just starting to play it.

Which then always makes me wonder how long EA/Bioware will keep the servers running.

It still isn't that hard to get into a full match (except at the really odd off hours) and in fact, I run into the really annoying folks way less than I normally do

I legitimately see no reason to stop ME3 online till ME4 comes out or Microsoft kills Xbox Live to push more people into buying the One.