DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

Don't you just hate it when you buy a reserves pack hoping to finally get the Krogan with the massive hammer, and instead you get to change the colour of the lights on the Volus Engineer you keep getting but never use?

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I assume Phil is still playing to keep his galactic readiness rating high.

At some point this summer - I will hook my 360 back up since I want to finish my FemShep playthough

I've had an Asari Huntress for ages. And an N7 Paladin, come to think. I got the Geth with the Hex Shield the other day, and still haven't tried him. I dislike that it keeps giving me endless Cobra Missiles and Ops survival packs that I never use, but I still haven't got a sniper scope to see through Smoke. Or any Medi-Gel ever. And most of my best guns are level 1, but I've got the basic Assault Rifle at level 10 already.

It's really noticeable when you play on anything but Bronze how useful it is to have Power synchronicity with your teammates. So you don't have to wait to detonate your own Biotic explosions, or you can spawn grenades for all three other guys.

I only just found out about n7hq.masseffect.com. Now I finally know how those guys have custom banners, and how to get one myself. How can I get another 185 grabs quickly? Because it's either that or keep buying character packs and hope for a N7 Shadow or Fury.

Earth Mastery 8 out of 9 completed. 88%.

FFS game, give me a Typhoon, an Acolyte, a Fury or a Shadow.

I was never crazy about the Acolyte.  The charge-up drove me crazy and it didn't have the punch of the other charge-up weapons.  I only used it with Asari Adepts for aesthetics sake and because you could detonate with the blasts. 

There were other choices in heavy pistols that worked much better with the other Adept sub-classes (pistol sniping with the Phalanx = Win) and IMO, the Disciple was far better for use with Asari Vanguards, Sentinels, and Infiltrators that weren't using a Sniper Rifle.  The Disciple is lightweight, has a respectable ROF, and a bit of range.  Perfect for the squishier Vanguards and Sentinels that rely on fast power cooldowns for survival.

Once you have a Typhoon and an N7 Destroyer, you may never play another Soldier sub-class again.