DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

Out of curiosity as a future ME3 multiplayer player with you guys, out of curiosity, how do the characters play. I'm under the impression that they "play like there species": Krogan live for close range melee, Turians are all about precision and work much better from cover, Salarians are masters at distraction, Volus are support, etc. Is this true, and if so, how the Asari, Quarian, Geth, and Batarian play?

About to finish ME2 with FemShep

All I have left is to unshackle EDI and then the suicide mission.

Then I have to do Arrival since I don't want to do that before the suicide mission since it doesn't necessarily fit storyline wise

About to finish ME2 with FemShep

All I have left is to unshackle EDI and then the suicide mission.

Then I have to do Arrival since I don't want to do that before the suicide mission since it doesn't necessarily fit storyline wise

Everytime I have played ME2, I have uninstalled Arrival and LoTSB during the main mission and re-installed them after being the Human Proto-Reaper.

I do Shadow Broker just so I can get the ability to reassign all my squad's powers before the suicide mission.

I do usually wait so that it is the last thing I do before getting the Reaper IFF

No matter how many times I do it - I get paranoid during the Suicide Mission that someone is going to die.

Even though I know exactly what to do to prevent that.

I am irritated that for some reason I hadn't found all the Heavy Weapon Ammo upgrades so I could only get one Cain shot off during the end. Though by that point my sniper rifle was so effective that it might as well have been the same thing.

AND I finally got the Survival achievement during Arrival.

2nd playthrough will begin some time today when I get infuriated with the Giants

I finally finished The Party.  Kasumi and Grunt's cameos were fucking great.

I still play a bit of multiplayer now and then to keep my GR% at or near 100%, but I will finish up the last couple of missions on this playthrough whenever.

There is so much meth that needs smuggling in Los Santos.

Buy a ten gig memory stick, Rippa, and get GTA5.

Buy a ten gig memory stick, Rippa, and get GTA5.

Its more the $60 required for the actual game that is the big stumbling block.

Started my 2nd Playthrough of ME2 yesterday. The wife is away through Wednesday and then I have the 3 day Columbus weekend so hopefully I can finish this in a week and start my final M3 playthrough next week

You know - it's really annoying that on a 2nd playthrough with the same character you immediately start wearing your armor from the first game but it totally defaults your weapon selection.

Don't make me use the fucking Mantis when I earned the fucking Widow.

I hate that shit.  I also hate the fact that you can't collect all available guns on successive playthroughs.  If I am an Infiltrator and play thruogh three times, I should be able to get my Widow, AR Traning and Shotgun Training when I am done with all three Collector Ship missions.

The game should reward me for multiple playthroughs by providing me with the arsenal to make things easier with each turn.

Gods of Game Balance were not kind to the Phalanx from ME2 to ME3.  It went from being badass to a barely passable firearm that you toss out once you get the Carnifex or can afford the Paladin.  They could've at least kept the laser sight.

Arrival was trivial for you as an Infiltrator, amirite? 

- Augment your Widow with Disruptor Ammo power.

- Cloak / Shoot YMIR Mech in the head. 

- Rinse / Repeat above step until the mech's shields are gone.

- AI Hack the YMIR.

- Eat popcorn and enjoy the massacre.

- Pick off remaining Project commandos after they are done taking down the YMIR Mech for you.

Getting the Survival achievement was almost too easy.  Most people don't like Arrival, but I think it is a decent showcase of Shepard's badassery.  This is why I am an N7, bitches!

Oh I didn't even use cloak (it's just like multiplayer!)

Disruptor Ammo/Incinerate/Widow were amazing.

Plus I took the Arc Projector so anytime I thought it was starting to get hairy - I would just fire off a couple of rounds.

I think the only time I used Tactical Cloak the entire game was that one mission where you are trying to save the crashing ship and you have to hack the thrusters while Geth are shooting you. Slapping TC on before hitting each button made it overly simple.

I took Assassin Cloak for my Advanced TC Power. I think I had that YMIR's shields down to zero with two Disrupter Ammo Widow shots. Once you hack the YMIR it is game over.

If you really want to be an asshole, shoot the YMIR in the head once it is low on armor if you can get a bead on it. It will go nuke and take out any Project guys dumb enough to close with it while you are still safe in cover.

I took Assassin Cloak for my Advanced TC Power.  I think I had that YMIR's shields down to zero with two Disrupter Ammo Widow shots.  Once you hack the YMIR it is game over.

If you really want to be an asshole, shoot the YMIR in the head once it is low on armor if you can get a bead on it.  It will go nuke and take out any Project guys dumb enough to close with it while you are still safe in cover.

That's what happened... and usually what happens with my YMIRs. I always focus on them first so they end up blowing up first and taking out people.

Just like shooting pyros first.

God I really want to finish this game yet the weird anal side of me is like MUST HAVE EVERY SINGLE CONVERSATION OVER AGAIN!!!!

I murdered the Jerroth like that during Garrus's recruitment mission.  He kept eating RPG's but stood his ground against the YMIR until it was almost destroyed.

I then shot the mech in the head and the nuke killed Jerroth.  Few things are more disturbing than a Salarian's Wilhelm Scream that is cut short by an explosion..

Fade to cutscene.

Are you guys really still playing ME3's multiplayer? Wow. I salute you.

No

JT stopped once he got GTAV and I haven't played in like 6 weeks since I have been focused on my FemShep playthrough

I think JT just suggests it because I don't have GTAV and we clearly hate Aaron by never playing Borderlands 2

Are you guys really still playing ME3's multiplayer? Wow. I salute you.

No

JT stopped once he got GTAV and I haven't played in like 6 weeks since I have been focused on my FemShep playthrough

I think JT just suggests it because I don't have GTAV and we clearly hate Aaron by never playing Borderlands 2

I still play ME3 multiplayer at least once every few days to keep my GR% up.  I have just been working crappy hours and we haven't seen each other online as much.

You've also got your Monday Night RAW Twitter dealie and I have got Pirate101 daycamp on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons with my daughter and her friends..

Eventually I will give some more love to poor abandoned Borderlands 2.

We should designate one day a week for ME3/Borderlands 2

Monday and Thursday are out because of the stupid commitment I now made to Raw and Impact. The rest of the days normally are fine.

Heck - apparently I will have nothing but time on Sundays now.

Stupid Giants

Fucking Steelers.  Sundays it is starting next Sunday because if I miss my girlfriend's daughter's wedding this weekend, my on again / off again relationship will go off again in the worst way.