DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is 友達の祭典 - 2/13/17

Niners Fan in CT

The Owens/Jericho segment was one of the best in a long time. Loved Jericho getting serious and talking about his feelings. You knew he was done for there but I was still surprised with the list reveal. Great stuff.

Charlotte and Bayley had a very good Main Event. I wish they would have waited until WrestleMania but I'll wait and see what the storyline is. Maybe they do Sasha vs Bayley and Charlotte gets put in the first ever women's money in the bank match at Mania? They could do an interbrand match.

• Like 1

If you're going to take your daughter to RAW, turns out this is a good one.

Sometimes a move becomes a finisher or at least a signature because of the name it's given. Bayley to Belly Suplex just works for the Hug Life.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

I mean, yeah, but Magnum beat Arn once with an atomic drop too. Sooo, it was a different time. Nowadays these are moves that you see in the first minute or two of a match. His opponents certainly weren't kicking out of tope rope frankensteiners before he finally knocked them senseless with a devastating belly-to-belly.

Bayley is a hugger, man, and the Belly To Belly Suplex is pretty much the Hug Of Death.

It was good enough for Magnum and it fits with her gimmick. 

Just now, J.T. said:

Bayley is a hugger, man, and the Belly To Belly Suplex is pretty much the Hug Of Death.

It was good enough for Magnum and it fits with her gimmick. 

If we're going to stretch the "hugger" thing that far then her finisher should really be the bear hug.

What also became readily apparent tonight is that a lot of people are going to be up in arms about Goldberg and Brock probably being for the Universal title and going on last at 'mania and I'm sure Roman and UT will be pushed higher in the promotional material but over the next seven weeks KO and Jericho are gonna just be all over TV doing this feud. They already get more screentime on Raw than any other act between matches and promos. A lot of people are going to be taking umbrage at the part-timers jumping into main event slots but this feud is probably going to be carrying Raw for the rest of the summer, regardless of whatever machinations are going on with the belt. 

My DVR cut off the end of the match, so I can't show my wife the replay. That really sucks for me, but damn I loved the match.  But no matter how long Bayley has the title, she deserves every bit of that win and celebration. I'm just over the moon ecstatic for her.

• Like 3

Despite my severe anger at the Jericho segment, I must point out that Charlotte lost due to a crutch to the boob. Obviously, Sasha botched it and meant to hit her in the neck area, but when they showed the front-facing replay it made it even more worse. I'm sure women around the world cringed at that one.

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

My DVR cut off the end of the match, so I can't show my wife the replay. That really sucks for me, but damn I loved the match.  But no matter how long Bayley has the title, she deserves every bit of that win and celebration. I'm just over the moon ecstatic for her.

If only they would end Charlotte's ppv winning streak that nobody gives a fuck about. Who cares when she's lost the women's title three times already?

3 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Despite my severe anger at the Jericho segment, I must point out that Charlotte lost due to a crutch to the boob. Obviously, Sasha botched it and meant to hit her in the neck area, but when they showed the front-facing replay it made it even more worse. I'm sure women around the world cringed at that one.

• Like 1

Excellent Raw.

Jericho should have brought out his original little person Goldberg that Gillberg was a direct rip off of. Though man, doing this break up before the Goldberg match is intriguing as hell.

Loved the main, although the schtick where the Women's Title changes hand every time it's up for grabs in the main event is tiresome.

Joe was awesome. I wish they'd let Strowman squash Reigns. Rusev deserves better. So does Lana.

10 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

I can't say I agree. Obviously, the talk backstage with Triple H had everything to do with this turn.

Dude, they've been laying seeds for WEEKS, if not longer. Jericho making a joke out of everything when Owens tries to be serious, Owens looking annoyed having to sit through his spiel when he puts someone on The List, and then it all came to a head last week with Jericho accepting the Goldberg match for him. They built it to a point where Owens could understandably feel like Jericho was more of a nuisance than a help to him and getting a "pep talk" from the guy who signed him, and won the World Title for him, was the last straw.

• Like 2

I don't think title changes in good matches is problematic. WWE booking has been fascinating with the belts over the last few years. After various eras of insane hotshotting, they got real conservative with titles. Like, guys like Ambrose would hold the US title for, what, eight months and defend it a handful of times. Most world title reigns have been fairly long for various reasons, with AJ, Rollins, KO, Ambrose having steady multiple-month reigns. You also had the legendarily long reigns of Nikki, AJ and the New Day. 

I think back and forth title changes can be good. Title should be really hard to retain. Titles switching back and forth on TV and major shows was a staples of the indies. Hell, I always loved how WCW would the Harlem Heat go back and forth with the tag titles or how the TV title would change. Of course, it went haywire during the Nitro days. 

The Charlotte idea is something they've never done and I would hope there's an end game. Like, IF you get a PPV streak over you could probably headline a SummerSlam with her in the main slot. I think these title changes have helped solidify the women as legit main eventers, especially on TV. And, as a I said at the start, all the matches have been great. The only dud was the HITC with Sasha, which was the biggest false step they've made since 'mania. 

Anyway, title changes don't necessarily devalue belts. Belts collecting dust while champions lose non-title matches every week far more problematic.