DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is 友達の祭典 - 2/13/17

Niners Fan in CT

"How come my name's on this?"  

I knew what was coming and I still gasped. That fucking ruled, so hard.  God FUCKING damn it, Jericho-Owens at Mania better be fore the Universal Championship.

In other news, I guess Sami is taking the "Murder by Joe" slot and Bayley earns the "Jobbing the title back to Charlotte" slot at Payback

16665350_10212182559064123_6376016896344

• Like 6

Inevitable but still heartbreaking. Loved the Gillberg cameo.

17 weeks for Emmalina just to eventually cut a promo about how she isn't a pinup model and is a wrestler?

So Bayley eventually sees how she won the title and that plants the seeds for Sasha turn/involvement at Mania, right?

"It's art, you don't need pants"

I expected that segment to be one of those tedious bits that The Rock would have but it ended up being one of the funnier skits they've done.

Good match and a nice moment for Bayley, shame she's going to lose the belt back on the ppv.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peck said:

Inevitable but still heartbreaking. Loved the Gillberg cameo.

17 weeks for Emmalina just to eventually cut a promo about how she isn't a pinup model and is a wrestler?

I was really hoping she would start down the ramp and trip and suddenly be Emma again and have to start all over.  Like human psychology works the same way it does in Jerry Lewis movies.

• Like 3

I loved the hell out of the women's match and that ending was so perfect.  A huge pop for Sasha making the save and then a huge pop for Bayley's win.  Now Sasha probably plays the "you're only champion because of me"  card. But it protected Bayley too because she had the match won before Dana's interference. 

How was RAW booked so perfectly tonight?

• Like 3

Can't believe they are going to do the "Charlotte loses on RAW wins it back on the PPV" thing AGAIN.  Such an amazingly tired act

I really hope that Goldberg is winning the title at the next PPV because as well as that angle was tonight the idea of Jericho AND Orton winning a title at Wrestlemania is such bullshit

12 minutes ago, Fallacy! said:

I usually skip through the women's matches, but is Bayley's finisher seriously a belly-to-belly suplex?

A match that includes a top rope frankensteiner and standing moonsault off the guardrail, ends in a fucking BELLY TO BELLY SUPLEX?

If it's good enough for Magnum TA...

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

If it's good enough for Magnum TA...

I mean, yeah, but Magnum beat Arn once with an atomic drop too. Sooo, it was a different time. Nowadays these are moves that you see in the first minute or two of a match. His opponents certainly weren't kicking out of tope rope frankensteiners before he finally knocked them senseless with a devastating belly-to-belly.

The belly-to-belly was good enough for the Franchise of ECW to fell all challengers as well. Him taking out Bam Bam in his hometown one of the great ECW moments. 

Also, as noted by all astute commentators...it's the application of the move that mattered. Remember when WCW guys would do big boots and legs and not get the 1,2,3? Hogan knew how to do it. 

This is why Okada can kill men with a short arm clothesline. I have no doubt that Bayley applies the Bayley-to-Belly hugplex with the skill and impact needed to get the duke.

• Like 2