DVDVR Message Board

YOUR ALL-NEW WRESTLING BOOK THREAD

OSJ

Finally finished Blood and Thunder and once again, it's an excellent read. It's littered with interesting "did you know..."s throughout that anybody with a historical interest in puroresu will want to know about. Plus all the dirt! There is a lot of "and then this happened" -- in fact that's really the whole book -- but that's the point. If you want thorough, then you got it right here. Another interesting thing to me was the selection for the chapters, not knowing that 

Spoiler

there is a second book in the works and that events will overlap with the promotions from the first book, because of course they do. And that will be an instant purchase from me.

Probably the most interesting stuff because I already knew most of the FMW stuff is basically the entire story of shootstyle in Japan told throughout the book. You could cut that out and have it be its own separate entity. 

Anyway, BUY THIS ONE. 

• Like 2

Thanks Curt! I’m so happy that it hit the spot for someone other than me! If I’m honest, there’ll probably be at least four books… I’ve already written the first 2 chapters of the second, which will cover W*ING, WAR, Oriental-Pro, NOW, Michinoku-Pro, Pro-Wrestling Crusaders, IWA: Japan, IWA: Kokusai, and more!

• Like 2

On 4/4/2022 at 11:35 AM, Linus said:

Thanks Curt! I’m so happy that it hit the spot for someone other than me! If I’m honest, there’ll probably be at least four books… I’ve already written the first 2 chapters of the second, which will cover W*ING, WAR, Oriental-Pro, NOW, Michinoku-Pro, Pro-Wrestling Crusaders, IWA: Japan, IWA: Kokusai, and more!

You just sold a book

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s finally here! Introducing my first pro wrestling history book: KING OF NEW YORK: Who was the MVP of the World Wrestling Federation?

I covered every PPV from WrestleMania in 1985 to the WWE name change in 2002. Who won the most MVP awards to become the top performer in WWF history? This is the first of my collectible series of wrestling history books, as I am already working on the WCW book, “King of Atlanta.” To order King of New York, click here.

• Like 2

Watched Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022) with my Dad today, I right enjoyed it. From there we tried German Doner Kebab for the first time, we both had the original as a meal with fries, soft drink and set of sauces which hit the spot. I had the mixed with chicken/beef while Dad beef. I get home to find Mox's autobiography has arrived so ends a great day out!

• Like 3

Finished Linus' book (Blood & Thunder) and it is indeed a tremendous read. I heartily recommend it. The FMW stuff was very interesting and even though I knew a pretty fair amount of it, there was still a lot in there I did not know. It's definitely worth your time. Very excited for the second book (which I'm hoping will have lots of stuff on W*ING and IWA Japan). Give the man your money, he earned it!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ka-to said:

Everyone should read the Sheik book. Even if you are not so interested in him, it has 40 years plus of wrestling history.

Seconded, was among the very best wrestling books ever. I'd put it in the same category as the Andre and Ken Shamrock books which is high praise indeed.

One that seemed to slip under the radar is Tracy Smothers "If You Don't Buy This Book EVERYBODY DIES!". Wildly entertaining with lots of interesting stories, you will find it hard to put down.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finished up Mississippi Territory. Took me a week or so because I used as my throne room read. I liked the book, but he definitely could've used a proof reader(which he touched on at the end). It represents just a small blip in the whole scheme of things but what an interesting time that must've been.

• Like 1

What are some good wrestling books that are available as audio books? Just saw that Mox is now available, with Mox as the reader. I'm thinking of picking up an audio book or 2 for my many flights this summer.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!! ????

Hey it's only $8.45 on Audiobooks.com. Has anyone ever used that? Is it a pain? Cuz I'd be down for that price, and listening to him read this stuff has to be hilarious. 

Wait, it's free with a 30 day free trial. Sold! 

Edited by Curt McGirt