DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] for FEBRUARY 15, 2017

RIPPA

PER WON

- NXT Tag Team Champions The Authors of Pain defeated two enhancement talents in a squash match.

- Billie Kay & Peyton Royce defeated Liv Morgan & Ember Moon

Kay held Morgan in a wheelbarrow position while Royce hit a running knee.

- DIY came out for a promo, but The Revival jumped them from behind and then AOP made their way to the ring to destroy them all.

- WWE United Kingdom Champion Tyler Bate defeated Trent Seven to retain his title

This was a physical match, with slugging and even a dive to the outside by Bate. Bate did his airplane spin and Seven used submissions. Bate won with his Tiger Driver.

Incredible match. The crowd chanted "this is awesome" many times and gave it a standing ovation. This was the best match at Full Sail since the Cruiserweight Classic

PER PWI

Week 2

- The Authors of Pain win a squash

- Billie Kay and Peyton Royce def. Liv Morgan and Ember Moon 

- DIY promo where Ciampa says they realized their dream in Toronto. Gargano says they saw doubt in the Authors of Pain. They want their rematch. Paul Ellering and the Authors of Pain come out. Ellering says they'll have their rematch in 2 weeks. The Revival sneak in from behind and attacks DIY, but leave before the Authors of Pain get there.

- WWE UK Championship: Tyler Bate (c) def. Trent Seven

I thought Wolfgang was a good bit beyond mediocre. He looked way better than Seven. If your saying Seven is even better than that then I'm a little annoyed as it means he went lazy during one of the biggest moments of his career.

11 hours ago, Sin Carne said:

If anything, he did lose weight for the tourney.

The Trent Seven name is a Midlands thing (Severn Trent).

His gimmick is clearly "hipster who fetishes Strong Style a bit too much" - so in a sense the belly works, just not in WWE.

It's an upper body business. Don't sully the memory of Rick Rude by making excuses. 

4 hours ago, L_W_P said:

So is the UK getting its own show or are we getting an mid card title for NXT?

They want to do a UK show but they haven't got all the logistics down (honestly - I doubt they will figure it out pre-Mania) for it yet so it seems that the UK belt will be defended from time to time on NXT

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, quackhell said:

Didn't they announce Dunne vs Andrews for next week, or did I dream that up?

I missed any announcement made, but the match should be on next week's episode assuming they didn't decide to move stuff around.

I really like Tyler Bate. He reminds me so much of a young Bob Backlund. I wasn't expecting much from the match with Trent (because I know nothing about British wrestling) but wow I was blown away by both of them by the end.

Still can't believe he's only 19.

The UK title match was indeed great.

With that said, the women's division went from AMAZING to "we recycle the same four women and then Asuka." I realize the Horsewomen all moved up but sweet jeebus am I tired of the Aussie Mean Girls, "other Carmella," and Ember Moon. They have other women on the roster but keep dishing up mix and match of the same four over and over.

I want to see more of Mandy Rose. Not just for her looks, but I really do think she gets it. She looked like she belonged during her match with Asuka at the Asbury Park show. I think she can be the next Trish Stratus/Alexa Bliss type, while not great in the ring, not downright embarrassing either.

• Like 1