DVDVR Message Board

[NXT SPOILERS] for FEBRUARY 8, 2017

RIPPA

PER WON

Dark Match --
- Mandy Rose defeated Heidi Lovelace (going by her name Dori Prange)

Rose hit the Angel’s Wings slam for the win.

NXT TV taping spoilers --
SAnitY (Killian Dain & Alexander Wolfe) defeated The Bollywood Boyz

Dain destroyed them for the victory.

- Liv Morgan defeated Billie Kay

Morgan bumped Peyton Royce off the apron and rolled up Kay to win.

- SAnitY brawled with Tye Dillinger out of the side door to the ring before Roderick Strong and No Way Jose made the save.

- The Revival defeated Heavy Machinery

Scott Dawson hit a DDT on Tucker Knight for the finish. Revival then said they want the tag titles back. The Authors of Pain came out and Revival bailed before coming back for a sneak attack to put AOP down on the ramp, then ran off again.

- Bobby Roode came out to tell us that he told us so. This was a very good promo putting himself over as the champion.

- SAnitY defeated Tye Dillinger, No Way Jose & Roderick Strong

There was a wild brawl to start the match and action all over the place. Nikki Cross actually pulled Dillinger out of the ring with a rana, allowing Dain to hit a running crossbody on Strong for the win.

PER PWI

Dark Match: Mandy Rose def. Dori Prange (Heidi Lovelace)

Week 1

- Sanity (Killian Dain and Alexander Wolfe) def  the Bollywood Boyz  

Post match: Eric Young says everyone eventually gets put in their place. Nikki yells for Asuka. Young says Dillinger belongs with Sanity.

- Liv Morgan def. Billie Kay (w/Peyton Royce)

- Tye Dillinger says he lost to the numbers game of Sanity. Before he can talk about the Rumble, Sanity attacks. They brawl from the back to ringside. Sanity gains the advantage, but No Way Jose and Roderick Strong come out and make the save. 

- The Revival def. Heavy Machinery 

Post match: The Revival promo, reiterating that they are the MVP'S and best tag team. They say the Authors of Pain will be footnotes at Takeover Orlando. AOP come out and the Revival walk away. Paul Ellering cuts a short promo  As AOP walks away, The Revival attack them from behind  

- Bobby Roode cuts a gloating promo, saying I told you so. He runs down all of the people Nakamura had beaten, but he couldn't beat Roode. Roode says it's no longer "We are NXT" but "My NXT". He says it will be Glorious. 

- Sanity (w/ Nikki Cross) def. Tye Dillinger, Roderick Strong, and No Way Jose 

There are two primary things that made me a lifelong wrestling fan:

1) Rich snobs who wear bedazzled robes and aren't afraid to tell us lessers why he is the champion. Bobby Roode's awesome. That was a fantastic heel gloating promo. I love Roode's homages (or straight up theft) of Flair -- the parade of women from Takeover, the strut this week, the "I'm not the king of guy to say I told you so" line. He's so friggin' great.

2) Conniving heel tag teams. I always wish I had a friend I was close enough with to go get a matching airbrushed jacket with. I guess I never found that someone. But I'm glad Dash and Dawson have each other. Fun match against Heavy Machinery. Tucker Knight is going to be REALLY good once he gets the timing of his taunts and the like done. Reminds me of Big Cass in that way. I love The Revival conning The Authors of Pain and luring them into their devious trap. This is going to be a fun feud. DIY got smoked by The Authors -- their heart and desire and grit wasn't nearly enough for the giants. But The Revival? They're smarter and the know it.

Also: Billy Kaye's evil cape doesn't get enough love. Great job accentuating the evil stepsitter look with the black lipstick. Sanity is fun. The "YOYOYO" in Liv Morgan's music is ridiculous. BRING BACK PATRICK CLARK.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

2) Conniving heel tag teams. I always wish I had a friend I was close enough with to go get a matching airbrushed jacket with. I guess I never found that someone.

One day you will. And when it happens, see if that person will go along with footwear with lights in them like Pillman and Austin used to have.

• Like 1

Hot damn I was in Hoss Heaven.  It's hard not to be when you have Killian destroying fools by himself, then there's Heavy Machinery bringing the goods in their tag match.  Is it too much to ask to have Sanity (with Dane in of course) going against Heavy Machinery?  That just has to be good.  Or imagine them against AoP, now that would be great.

Speaking of Sanity I loved Dane's squash but also enjoyed the tag at the end while it lasted.  Also really enjoyed Roode's segment and Revival's match/post match. It was a fun episode that flew by.

Sanity bores the ever loving shit out of me. Dane could be good as a hoss on his own. Eric Young and the other guy make me yearn for the days of Alex Riley being all HHH-lite. Nikki is good, but she can do her act on her own also. 

I like all of the hosses, but NXT is so damn boring now. Tye is a sub-Curt Hawkins job guy that for some reason is being treated like a big deal. 

What happened to this show?

• Like 1

On 2/8/2017 at 11:28 PM, JCM said:

Nikki Cross is my favorite in NXT right now. That slap she gave Wolfe after the main event cracked me up.

Watching it again, I think that's how she heals him; his jaw was cracked earlier so she slaps it into place.

8 hours ago, Buy Me a Burrito said:

Tye is a sub-Curt Hawkins job guy that for some reason is being treated like a big deal.

He's one of the most over guys in the entire company (and a much better worker than Hawkins, really).  The gimmick is ridiculous, but it's not that hard to see why he's getting pushed.

I love Sanity except for Eric Young, who outside of having sorta crazy eyes and yelling in his promos does nothing for the gimmick. Cross and Wolfe actually come across as chaotic and Dane is a remorseless monster. Eric Young is a wrestler guy who shouts stuff and his work in the ring doesn't get across reckless chaos as well as the rest either. Wolfe needs to usurp Young, he is far more inside the gimmick than Young is. 

It was a fun show and I liked the old school babyfaces run in to save another babyface spot. It's something that is really lacking in WWE and they didn't even have to have their music to play to come out for the fans to pop, see WWE not everything has to be produced to a T. That's part of what I hate about the main roster it's so patterned and you know what's going to happen and you know that if someone is going to come down their music almost always has to play, it's just the same thing week after week month after month and year after year at this point. Their production needs a serious shake up.

1 hour ago, mattdangerously said:

He's one of the most over guys in the entire company (and a much better worker than Hawkins, really).  The gimmick is ridiculous, but it's not that hard to see why he's getting pushed.

He's not getting that big of a push really (people are assuming he's going over Roode, but we don't know that). Apparently Dusty always used to question why Tye wasn't on the main roster - that's good enough for me personally.

I should say though that I think people are sleeping on Roderick Strong a bit; he's looking very much like he belongs and although he might spend another year in developmental, I think he's still got a pretty high ceiling.

Aside from Dusty loving Tye, what seals it for me is the love he gets from pretty much everybody that is or was in NXT (and others like Cody).  They all have said he belongs on the MR and is so damn good.  If Breaking Ground is any indication he helps rookies in training even if he isn't a coach, and he's been the guy they'd trust with in the past for an indy guy's NXT debut.  And from what I gather he's a supremely awesome guy.  So for those reasons I'm a big fan of the guy and think he at least deserves a chance on the MR.  The chants are already popular (though annoying when done in other matches) and in time he'll give them reasons to keep caring for him.

3 hours ago, Sin Carne said:

I should say though that I think people are sleeping on Roderick Strong a bit; he's looking very much like he belongs and although he might spend another year in developmental, I think he's still got a pretty high ceiling.

Strong got screwed by Aries's injury.  They seemed to be wanting to push them as a heel team, which they are excellent at based on their previous work together.  But then they turned Strong face when Aries went down, and Roddy simply doesn't have the charisma or personality to pull it off. He can have great matches with just about anyone, but goddamn is he dull as fuck.

• Like 1