DVDVR Message Board

The Awesome/Annoying TV COMMERCIAL Thread

piranesi

I saw a commercial this morning for a dvd of an Alan Jackson gospel performance at The Ryman. It was incredible. It was like it was beamed in from 1992. My wife was like, "Oh my God, is this a Time/Life collection commercial?" It totally had that same feel. Had an 800 number you had to call and order and even had a "But wait, there's more!" of a double CD (A DOUBLE CD!) that they'd throw in if you ordered NOW! There was a scroll with all of the song names and some were in yellow and they played a clip of those songs as they scrolled by. I literally stood there with my mouth open in shock watching this.

Oh, shit! I found it online:

https://ispot.tv/a/wSvf

Edited by Log
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Number one and the best.  Mr. Garvey being a veteran of the inner-city education wars still cannot pronounce the normal names of regular suburban kids.

Peppa Pig being like Oh Shit when Mr. Garvey breaks the clipboard over his knee is fucking great.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 4

On 12/15/2022 at 3:19 PM, Log said:

I saw a commercial this morning for a dvd of an Alan Jackson gospel performance at The Ryman. It was incredible. It was like it was beamed in from 1992. My wife was like, "Oh my God, is this a Time/Life collection commercial?" It totally had that same feel. Had an 800 number you had to call and order and even had a "But wait, there's more!" of a double CD (A DOUBLE CD!) that they'd throw in if you ordered NOW! There was a scroll with all of the song names and some were in yellow and they played a clip of those songs as they scrolled by. I literally stood there with my mouth open in shock watching this.

Oh, shit! I found it online:

https://ispot.tv/a/wSvf

The first thing in the lineup after that being an ad for Run the Jewels 3 is hilarious. That was definitely direct from 1992. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Word of advice in warching some of commercials.  If you get your wife a puppy as a gift and she returns the favor with a 100K SUV that can drive through a foot of snow like butter, you better have a 2nd gift ready or be willing to get lockjaw making your wife happy 🙂

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Word of advice in warching some of commercials.  If you get your wife a puppy as a gift and she returns the favor with a 100K SUV that can drive through a foot of snow like butter, you better have a 2nd gift ready or be willing to get lockjaw making your wife happy 🙂

SNL spoofed those commercials perfectly a few years ago. 

• Haha 3

I have an important announcement to make. . .

CHICKEN CHICKEN CHICKEN CHICKEN

DOUBLE WHOPPER CHICKEN CHICKEN

WHOPPER DOUBLE WHOPPER CHICKEN

HAVE IT YOUR WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Worst damn commercial on TV right now, by some distance.

• Haha 1

• RIPPA locked this topic