DVDVR Message Board

The Awesome/Annoying TV COMMERCIAL Thread

piranesi

Every time I have to see that robot detective show commercial during the Worls Series I lose five minutes worth of ability to struggle for life.

It's not like they didn't already try this before:

Posted Image

#1.  Every TV/Movie/Podcast/Form of Entertainment is copied in some form from somewhere else.

#2.  Literally 100 people on this planet are probably aware that both Holmes & Yoyo and Almost Human both existed and exist as TV shows.  You and I are one of the lucky few.  Of all the legit carbon copies of the hundreds of shows (with shows copying each other airing simultaneously), you throw a fit because a drama about a robot and a human is similar to a sitcom about a robot and a human that aired 35 years ago?

#3 Did you lose your shit too because American Idol was so similar to Major Bowes' Original Amateur Hour from the 1940s?

• 2 weeks later...

Has Van Damme won the war of the 1980s movie action heroes, in terms of life in general?  Stallone and Schwarzenegger have more money, but are clearly shells of themselves.  Segal has been a joke for years.  JCVD is clearly in better shape than all of them, and seems to be more honest about being imperfect.  For some reason, it feels like he made it to the other side more intact than the other three.

Great commercial.  I've watched at least a dozen times now.