DVDVR Message Board

NXT FEB 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I think its unfair to compare the new creative to Ryan Ward. Ward had long term NXT talent to work with and, more importantly, time to develop them. And the big signings were far and few in between.

Whereas now, there seems to be huge signings every quarter, each of which make big splashes disrupting everything. And then all the big establish talents are getting drafted at the same time. The NXT base is constantly shifting and there's not that many anchors to build stories around.

And then they took away the one guy that helped sell the stories (Young Boy Tom does a fine job telling it), the spirit of NXT, Corey Graves.

3 hours ago, The Z said:

Were those the last tapings before Takeover: Orlando?

Correct

They will do their usual taping a show before Takeover and then they tape the Wednesday after Takeover/Mania (April 5)

4 hours ago, Sin Carne said:

Reveal hidden contents

Bringing him out on the RAW after Wrestlemania is going to create some of the weirdest meta-heat imaginable. They probably shouldn't do that, but I kinda hope they do. Corey's reaction is going to be priceless.

I was disappointed it was Drifter, but your Raw idea is too damn good for them not to do.

A little surprised that Ohno is still wearing ring gear that looks like throwback jerseys.   Would think the legal types would be worried about trademarks issues wearing ring gear that looks almost exactly like 92 Dream Team.   Good he is keeping that look and if he does multiple areas like he did before he could make a killing in merchandise

11 hours ago, nofuture said:

I think losing Dusty Rhodes has also greatly effected NXT on the creative side.  So many ex-NXTers have talking about how influential Dusty is and how no one has been able to replace him.

I'm still surprise Dustin hasn't moved down there to be part of the staff, he's like perfect for it. Maybe he doesn't like teaching?

Fortunately, Regal around. And HBK in whatever role he's going to be in.

27 minutes ago, turk128 said:

I'm still surprise Dustin hasn't moved down there to be part of the staff, he's like perfect for it. Maybe he doesn't like teaching?

Hell, send Dustin down there to wrestle for a spell before he hangs it up. Him and anyone under the sun vs. The Revival, please. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, southofheavy said:

Hell, send Dustin down there to wrestle for a spell before he hangs it up. Him and anyone under the sun vs. The Revival, please. 

Dustin teaming up with an up and comer would be an excellent rub.

I don't know why but I seem to like throwing in everyone with Sanity, Dustin's versatile enough to try out a new gimmick. It'll be easy enough to setup; do it like D-Bry and the Wyatts but actually go through with it and have Sanity brainwash an already unstable Goldust.

1 hour ago, turk128 said:

Dustin teaming up with an up and comer would be an excellent rub.

I don't know why but I seem to like throwing in everyone with Sanity, Dustin's versatile enough to try out a new gimmick. It'll be easy enough to setup; do it like D-Bry and the Wyatts but actually go through with it and have Sanity brainwash an already unstable Goldust.

If they threw Dustin in to team with an up and comer...given the fact that "fun loving happy lowcard babyface in a tag team with Goldust" is almost a rite of passage in WWE...yeah, he would absolutely end up teaming with No Way Jose. 

Bill Goldberg congratulated Asuka on Twitter for having a streak of 149 wins in a row.  While we know that Goldberg's was a huge work, it wouldn't surprise me if Asuka has won 149 in a row.  I can't think of one match she has lost in NXT even in house shows

According to Cagematch - in 2016, Asuka had 3 losses and 2 draws

As far as I can tell - that counts the #1 contenders battle royal that she didn't win (the one Carmella won) and the rest where 4 ways that either ended in no contest or someone else was pinned (and all those 4 ways were house shows)

She is 16-0 in 2017

EDIT - oh and she had 112 wins. So that is 128 wins right there

EDIT - Since she showed up in NXT, she won all 24 of her matches in 2015. So if they are ignoring the battle royal and the two "no contests" they actually shorted her a couple of wins and it should be 152

On 2/23/2017 at 10:39 AM, hammerva said:

A little surprised that Ohno is still wearing ring gear that looks like throwback jerseys.   Would think the legal types would be worried about trademarks issues wearing ring gear that looks almost exactly like 92 Dream Team.   Good he is keeping that look and if he does multiple areas like he did before he could make a killing in merchandise

FWIW, Liv Morgan was rocking a pretty boss top that was a take on the Toon Squad jersey from SPACE JAM 

C5UwJ0zVUAE2Klr.jpg

On 2/23/2017 at 8:09 PM, turk128 said:

I saw a shoot interview/seminar thing with Dustin on YouTube during a patch of boredom a couple of weeks ago, and he said he used to be an agent, but hated it. Said there's too much politics involved backstage and he'd rather just wrestle.

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic