DVDVR Message Board

ELIMINATION CHAMBER 2017 (SDL PPV)

RIPPA

As of right now - the only people not in a match Sunday (using WWE.com roster)

Carmella

Curt Hawkins

Erick Rowan (crippled)

Eva Marie (may or may not be with the company anymore if Twitter handles are to be believed)

Jack Swagger

James Ellsworth

Kane

The Spirit Squad

Luke Harper

Mojo Rawley

Randy Orton

Zack Ryder (crippled)

So of that - Orton/Harper could have a match but if not are almost then certain to be involved in the EC. Two people are crippled. Kane and Eva Marie and to a lesser extend Spirit Squad don't really count since they have all but vanished. Swagger and Hawkins only exist on House Shows

So that means basically just Carmella (victim of their being an odd number of women on the roster) and Mojo are the only regulars not on the card.

And even then I could see a preshow skit or something with Carmella and Ellsworth

Is the entire active SD roster on this card? Carmella and Hogsworth aren't on, but I could see them making an appearance in some sort of backstage vignette or something. Looks like they set up Mojo and Hawkins to be the pre-show match. I guess Swagger is left off, but he hasn't been on TV in so long he's practically not even on the roster at this point. Erick Rowan and Kane are out because of injury. WWE.com still lists The Spirit Squad as on the roster, but......yeah.

When they just randomly put two nobodies together on the pregame match, they should at least make it semi-interesting and try to make someone care by making it a Taipei Glass Fist Spider-Web Barbed Wire Net 700 Light Tubes Salt in Wounds match.

• Like 3

Predictions.

Bray Wyatt  takes the WWE Championship in the Elimination Chamber match. May be the longest Elimination Chamber match to fill some airtime.

American Alpha retains the WWE Smackdown Tag Team Titles up against Heath Slater/Rhyno, Breezango, Usos, Ascension and Vaudevillains

Alexa Bliss defends the Smackdown WWE Women’s Championship against Naomi.

Randy Orton defeats Luke Harper.

Nikki Bella beats Natalya.

Mickie James over Becky Lynch.

Dolph Ziggler wins against Kalisto/Apollo Crews

Pre-show:

Mojo Rawley beats Curt Hawkins.

I'm wondering if Crews is going to turn heel in his match.  Handicap matches with the heel being disadvantaged aren't the norm and there's no type of gimmick in the match so it seems like there should be something in the whole segment.  Crews has largely been lost in the shuffle and some new attitude ("I'm tired of being the happy, smiling face and getting no opportunities, maybe Dolph is right") might help him break out?

Have American Alpha retain. They are in the ring celebrating their victory. The Rivival's music hit, they come out, cut a promo telling Alpha not to celebrate just yet, the Revival is the last team in the turmoil match. Then bing boom bam Rivival beats Alpha.