DVDVR Message Board

2017 ROYAL RUMBLE POST SHOW DISCUSSION

RIPPA

• RIPPA pinned this topic

Cena/Orton feud again? 

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

It was a fun Rumble until Brock, Goldberg, and Taker came in. 

Jack Gallagher should have been in longer.

I've come around on Baron Corbin. I hated him in nxt, but he's gotten really good. I was pumping my fist when he eliminated Strowman.

• Like 2

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

I mean... I can understand the Orton win but who does he face? Cena winning #16 only to drop it to Wyatt in the Chamber in 2 weeks feels cheap as hell. Why not just keep it on AJ if that was the case?

No Joe? Dafuq?

Why does Roman get a spot in the Rumble but AJ doesnt? They both lost their respective title matches.

I mean... this shit isn't hard people!

• Like 2

Wyatt's gonna win Elimination Chamber, right? He has to. No one thinks Orton/Cena is a good idea....

Poor Enzo. Tye Dillinger at 10 was awesome. The Ellsworth thing was cool, too. 

That Rumble died once the Undertaker came in. Watching him shuffle around while dudes fling themselves at him is not my idea of a good time.

You know you've booked a bad Rumble when the final elimination happens and your first thought is, thank god Orton won. Yeesh.

AJ/Cena made up for the bad Rumble (which was honestly pretty fun until the finishing run). Didn't want Cena to win, but his interaction with Charles Robinson during the belt exchange was pretty sweet.

• Like 1

Oh man, I'm so happy young upstart Randy Orton is finally going to get his shot for the world title at Wrestlemania against John Cena... 

This company is pathetic. When #30 was about to come out, I was so ready for Samoa Joe. And then it was fucking Roman Reigns. Again. 

• Like 9

Dillinger at 10 was predictable.

No Joe was disappointing.

Strowman looked great in that.

Unpredictable outcome.

Harper vs. Bray and Orton vs. Cena at WM are possibilities.

Taker vs. Reigns confirmed for WM.

Great Royal Rumble match nonetheless.

Yeah, just a bit of internal logic or character motivation wouldn't have killed them. Just once. In the entire show rather than the constant "Oh well"/move on.

Why have Lawler commentate (and his burying of Zayn on the preshow was fucked) if for no interaction with Dolph?
Why have nothing come of Lesnar being eliminated by Goldberg, or Goldberg and Taker? Taker and Reigns?

The finish to the other title match seems redundant now. Reigns was fit enough to come out at #30 but not enough to cost Strowman? Total bitch move.

How did Reigns even get the #30 slot?  I don't want to hear no "it's wrestling, you're not supposed to think about it"  bullshit either. 

How the fuck was he even in the match?

Besides that, I don't know how to feel about Orton winning.  I figured he and Bray would have a blow off at Mania but not involving the title. 

Also, while I enjoyed the Cena/AJ match, nothing interesting is coming out of this.    AJ is now stuck in the midcard bullshit and Cena will be facing someone I don't care about.

• Like 6

AJ vs. Cena was fantastic imo and I thought Jericho was winning the Rumble match to setup a title match with Owens with Jericho dropping the US title to someone on RAW due to Owens trying to help him, but failing to do so.