DVDVR Message Board

2017 CFL SEASON

RIPPA

• 3 weeks later...

Ticket purchased for TiCats-REDBLACKS in Ottawa. There's actually an outside chance that we can make the playoffs after starting the year 0-9 because the East is complete shit.

• 4 weeks later...

So yeah that was one hell of a game. It was also the most TiCats way to lose a game possible. Some dude on Ottawa set a CFL record for all purpose yards in a game with 496. Why we kept kicking to him I have no idea, just pooch kick it.

• 2 weeks later...

Playoff matchups:

Division Semifinals - November 12 - Saskatchewan at Ottawa, Edmonton at Winnipeg

Division Finals - November 19 - Sask/Ott winner at Toronto, Edm/Wpg winner at Calgary

Grey Cup - November 26

Bomber pass defense: Garbage

Andre Proulx and his officiating crew: Garbage

CFL Replay officials: Garbage

Slow ass food and drink lines at Investors Group Field: Garbage

That's my offical review of today's game. Edmonton deserved to win, but fuck was the officiating spotty at best. Richie Hall needs to be traded to some team in the Mountain West Conference.

Andre Proulx is like one of those 20-sided dice where 3 numbers result in disaster and you just don't know what the hell is going on.

I still feel, pretty strongly, Edmonton/Winnipeg might as well have been the Grey Cup. Calgary has looked like shit for a month and I'm supposed to buy they are just going to flip a switch now? And Toronto/Saskatchewan, neither is as good as EDM/WIN. Though I do think Toronto have been better than some give them credit for.

That Argos/Sasky game was fantastic. Riders came all the way back from an 18-3 deficit to take the lead late but Ray got the Argos over the finish line. 

How long have the Eskimos had those awesome helmets? 

5 minutes ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

Dig them too.  I hope they find another team name that starts with E if they're forced to drop the Eskimos name

The people complaining about the name remind me of when Jordon Tootoo was asked what his favorite football team was. He said the Eskimos and when asked why he replied "Dude, look at me!".

The helmet is usually from the alternate signature series green jersey, first time they have worn it with the regular that I remember. They had a green helmet back in the 60's but that was a dark age in Edmonton football so it basically was an unseen thing forever until they rolled one out with the alternate a couple seasons ago. I don't care for the alternate jersey but the helmet with the regular uniform was okay.

A lot of people in Edmonton have being going nuts calling for Jason Maas' head over the late field goal decision but that feels like a byproduct of the times to me. We live in an era of the 5-second attention span where the kick choice makes the easiest highlight. It was a really bad choice, in my opinion, but it's not why we lost the game. We lost because Calgary's run game straight up bullied us all over the field. That is what needs to change to swing the west around. The game was lost in the 2nd and 3rd quarter.