DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

5 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Thanks, that's what I meant.  Phantom Menace.  Thanks!  I think time has dulled people's perceptions of what a crushing disappointment it was, and/or a lot of fans not of my generation don't understand it.  The original trilogy was this huge cultural, formative thing.  We never thought there'd be another Star Wars movie.  And then HOLY SHIT THERE'S A NEW TRILOGY COMING HOLY SHIT TAKE MY MONEY.  And then we got trade wars, midiclorians, and Jake (god bless him, not his fault) Lloyd.  I literally remember getting back to my apartment after seeing it and just being so absolutely bummed. 

At school there was an activity week you had to pick. I picked the movie week made up of watching films in school and two films at the cinema. The two at cinema were 10 Things I Hate About You (I got to see Heath Ledger's first film on the big screen and his last completed one, The Dark Knight) and The Mummy. These came out same time as the Phantom Menace which were in five or six different screens and I saw people dressed up as Star Wars characters sporting Lightsabers. Place was heaving.

• Like 2

Oh I just realized that with Robert Rodriguez’s involvement we’ll be guaranteed that Cheech Marin, Danny Trejo, and Antonio Banderas will somehow be involved with this new Boba series. Maybe they can go crazy with the canon, and have Cheech play the evil brother(Naturally born illegitimate son of Jango) of Boba Fett, since he looks so much like the shows star. 

6 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Oh I just realized that with Robert Rodriguez’s involvement we’ll be guaranteed that Cheech Marin, Danny Trejo, and Antonio Banderas will somehow be involved with this new Boba series. Maybe they can go crazy with the canon, and have Cheech play the evil brother(Naturally born illegitimate son of Jango) of Boba Fett, since he looks so much like the shows star. 

Danny Trejo will still just be Machete.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

That makes no sense. Why would he keep dangerous enemies alive when given the chance to kill them? He was ready to annihilate and kill Din Djarin multiple times. He was willing to kill himself when Luke Skywalker showed up. This idea he didn't kill her to gloat and monologue makes no sense.

Different time periods. He beat and humiliated Bo-Katan while the Empire was at it's strongest and no-one thought it would end soon. He's that much of an asshole.

Now, we're 5 years post Empire, and he's holding on to what little he has left with all his might. He knows that if he's captured, he's toast. So, yeah, much more desperate.

• Haha 1

On 12/22/2020 at 10:17 AM, King Leonidas Of Sparta said:

57,000,444. The Midnight Meat Train

Awww, what did Vinnie Jones ever do to you? 

Incidentally I just re-read the end of that story because I wanted to re-read "Rawhead Rex" and thankfully they kept it for the movie, or at least closely enough IIRC. 

4 hours ago, steve said:

This is a very dark meme.

Hide contents

Ep5GOjKXcAE2m65?format=jpg&name=900x900

now i feel bad because i laughed my ass off at this but i don't know what movie/show its from. i even felt shitty enough to remove my laugh reaction because with no context it just cracked me up but i'm kinda worried now 

2 hours ago, Hayabusa said:

now i feel bad because i laughed my ass off at this but i don't know what movie/show its from. i even felt shitty enough to remove my laugh reaction because with no context it just cracked me up but i'm kinda worried now 

Not really a reference from a movie or show. Basically, it's equating Kylo Ren to a school shooter. 

32 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Ok I haven't seen The Phantom Menace in a while but we were all little Darth Maul stans so...  it can't be that bad. 

Attack of the Clones is worse. 

Spoilers for Grogu:

Spoiler

Grogu in 20 years

ash-pile-isolated-white-background-textu

Edited by TheVileOne

Man, I don't know if want to love or hate that video.  I'm leaning towards slight cringe thought may give it another try.

I also wanted to say that I loved the discussion here regarding Mandolorian.  I'm not a huge Star Wars fan so felt it was best to sit on the sidelines and see y'all fill in the blanks regarding the story.  But it's a highly enjoyable show and sonofabitch was that finale awesome.  I honestly thought one of us would get a bit misty at the end but we somehow didn't which was surprise.  But I'm gonna miss seeing Grogu though am curious about Boba Fett's story.

Also, since this is a wrestling board it still blows my mind that Sasha Banks got to tornado DDT Boba Fett.  Who in the hell thought they would see that coming?  Heck, she even put a bit of that Boss style into her limited speaking role.  And all because she was on Hot Ones and somebody noticed her.  Insane.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Man, I don't know if want to love or hate that video.  I'm leaning towards slight cringe thought may give it another try.

I also wanted to say that I loved the discussion here regarding Mandolorian.  I'm not a huge Star Wars fan so felt it was best to sit on the sidelines and see y'all fill in the blanks regarding the story.  But it's a highly enjoyable show and sonofabitch was that finale awesome.  I honestly thought one of us would get a bit misty at the end but we somehow didn't which was surprise.  But I'm gonna miss seeing Grogu though am curious about Boba Fett's story.

Also, since this is a wrestling board it still blows my mind that Sasha Banks got to tornado DDT Boba Fett.  Who in the hell thought they would see that coming?  Heck, she even put a bit of that Boss style into her limited speaking role.  And all because she was on Hot Ones and somebody noticed her.  Insane.

This is kind of why I'm glad Grogu is going away. We were reaching peak Grogu. This sort of gives a well-timed exit for Grogu, and the show can go in a new direction without him. We already saw people getting angry at Grogu after the egg thing. You keep this storyline running another two seasons, it's going to get tiresome, and he's going to become Scrappy Doo.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

And all because she was on Hot Ones and somebody noticed her.  Insane.

That someone was none other than Jon Favreau and then Bryce Dallas Howard said she's great to work with so I'm guessing she will be invited back for more Star Wars. She must be feeling like it's a dream.

• Like 2