DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

4 hours ago, Eivion said:

I believe so, but that army was seemingly only known to the hyper loyal. He also seemed to specifically be making it for his eventual successor in Rey or Kylo. I'm not sure  Palpatine actually got involved with the remnants that became the First Order until he appeared as Snoke. Maybe the books have shed some light on that. I know the comics hadn't last I read.

The Sequel trilogy doesn't make sense, and trying to make it make sense is an exercise in futility.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/5/2020 at 9:12 AM, EVA said:

I’m intrigued to see which Jedi answers Grogu’s call in the finale.  The way they’re teasing it out, I feel like it has to be a known entity, whether its another character from the Filoni shows or somebody even bigger.  Grogu meeting Force Ghost Yoda seems like something that has to happen at some point, but that may not be a season 2 kind of thing.

Aw man.  I wish I’d had the balls to call Luke when I posted this, because he was definitley the person I was thinking of.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, EVA said:

Aw man.  I wish I’d had the balls to call Luke when I posted this, because he was definitley the person I was thinking of.

I was thinking it, too, but hadn't heard anything and just assumed Ahsoka would change her mind or show up because Gideon has info she needs. But as soon as they said it was one X Fighter I absolutely lost it.

Not a huge fan of the digital young face. It didn't track as well on the small screen as it did in Rogue One.

The Boba and Fennec post credit scene was something. My inner bounty hunter loved it, but I'm not sure what story there is to tell about retired asshole being a crime lord on Tattoine.

You and me both brother. You an me both

I watched this at like 7am before Sandra Violet woke. She woke up and ran out to the living room to see Daddy in tears.

Quite a way to start the day no?

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

I’m not ashamed to admit I just spent 15-20 minutes in tears watching Star Wars.

That was incredible.  

Nope. When Grogu touched his face, I lost it.

And for the record, THERE ARE ONLY HAPPY ENDINGS FOR GROGU AND DIN. I will not hear otherwise.

• Like 4

It just feels wild to me that I was literally ready to throw in the towel on Star Wars entirely a couple of years ago, because I thought the future was so bleak. I'm glad to see Lucasfilm pivoted their focus and has me more excited for the franchise than I have been in years. The Mando finale is easily among my favorite Star Wars things ever.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, MADCAP said:

I guess we’re not doing spoilers now(Natural excluded)? 

I spoilered my post.

16 minutes ago, MADCAP said:

I guess I should’ve avoided this post until after I watched...

You shouldn't have had to. I'm not sure why some chose to ignore using the spoiler function on the day the episode released at the very least.

• Like 2