DVDVR Message Board

ALL ENCOMPASSING STAR WARS THREAD

RIPPA

Wait wait there's some speculation as to who the guy at the end is?  I thought they made it really crystal clear that it's Boba Fett.  The Marshall bought his armor that had been scavenged by the Jawas.  References to a Sarlaac pit where the Sarlaac had been eaten.  If it's not Fett, and just a clone soldier or something after all that setup and references, that's really dumb. 

My guess is Fett was in the Sarlaac's tum tum being digested when the Sarlaac was killed by the Krayt Dragon (so he's all scarred up).  We're not that far removed from Return of the Jedi, so I guess Fett's been living in the desert. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Wait wait there's some speculation as to who the guy at the end is?  I thought they made it really crystal clear that it's Boba Fett.  The Marshall bought his armor that had been scavenged by the Jawas.  References to a Sarlaac pit where the Sarlaac had been eaten.  If it's not Fett, and just a clone soldier or something after all that setup and references, that's really dumb. 

My guess is Fett was in the Sarlaac's tum tum being digested when the Sarlaac was killed by the Krayt Dragon (so he's all scarred up).  We're not that far removed from Return of the Jedi, so I guess Fett's been living in the desert. 

We're not super deep into the Star Wars lore but even we knew that was Boba Fett.  So that's gonna be pretty cool to see it play out.

And episode one was pretty great.  I'm hoping for more from Timothy Olyphant as he brings the awesomeness to that character.  

• Like 1

On 11/2/2020 at 7:18 AM, Technico Support said:

We all expect it's Boba Fett, but technically, they never actually said it was Boba Fett. 

• Like 2

On 11/2/2020 at 10:18 AM, Technico Support said:

Wait wait there's some speculation as to who the guy at the end is?  I thought they made it really crystal clear that it's Boba Fett.  The Marshall bought his armor that had been scavenged by the Jawas...

This is mostly on me since I hadn't seen the prequels, didn't know Boba was a clone or even survived the Sarlac, all that wild retcon shit ? speaking of which, had it been previously touched upon that Boba's jetpack had that rocket capability a la the rare toy from the original movies? I marked out for Vanth blowing shit up with it... 

• Like 2

On 11/2/2020 at 10:18 AM, Technico Support said:

We're not that far removed from Return of the Jedi, so I guess Fett's been living in the desert. 

I'm gonna venture a guess and say he's been living undercover amongst the Tusken Raiders - in the shot of him at the end of the episode he's carrying a gaffi stick with the other weapons on his back.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

This is mostly on me since I hadn't seen the prequels, didn't know Boba was a clone or even survived the Sarlac, all that wild retcon shit ? speaking of which, had it been previously touched upon that Boba's jetpack had that rocket capability a la the rare toy from the original movies? I marked out for Vanth blowing shit up with it... 

I think the first time a piece of canon media showed that the jetpack fires a missile was Jango Fett using it for his armor in Attack of the Clones. I think this episode, though, was the first time ever saw someone use the missile on Boba Fett's jetpack.

• Like 1

I'm just going to spoiler tag things in case people haven't watched Episode 10 yet:

Spoiler

That was Dave Filoni once again playing Trapper Wolf. Paul Sung-Hyun Lee playing Captain Carson Teva.

Good action this week, but the story was a step down from the season opener.

I'm bothered by The Child eating the eggs of a sentient species driven to endangerment.

My main issue was that ending was a rather convenient resolution to the conflict with the New Republic. Basically, that whole jaunt on the ice planet could've been avoided.

I assume next episode is Sasha Banks on planet Trask. The trailer showed Frog Lady with another of her kind, I assume her husband. Shipping dock type area. Sasha Banks' character is there. Hopefully The Child hasn't eaten Frog Lady's entire brood by the time they get there, that little scumbag. 

Here's the trailer, so you can see where the footage from likely Episode 3 is coming from.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

I pretty much agree with you. That was a decent step down though I still enjoyed it.

Spoiler

The egg eating was an especially weird dark humor that felt just off and was pretty fucked up considering it was sentient species and what the woman was going through.

• Thanks 1

I actually thought this episode was overall better than last weeks. The effects, the creatures, the lighting, the cinematography, and the physical performances of the actors in suits was a major step up from every episode prior. Also big props to the variety of locations. Sometimes it feels like they are only moving a few feet away from the prior area they were in during most episodes. 

I agree that it was a little dark in spots, and made one of the central characters unlikable. It also didn’t help that the baddie of the week was in a similar spot that the guest creature was in with her eggs. So I’m not sure what the main message this episode was trying to convey. But again on the technical side this was a very well executed episode. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

39 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

FYI Peyton Reed directed this episode.

Props... He finally got a good performance out of Amy Sedaris. Credit to the script too for fleshing out her character. Before today she just came off as a supporting character on a PBS kids show. Those Rebel pilots, though... Yikes, did they drag this episodes cinematic quality down at the end. 

• Haha 1