DVDVR Message Board

Zekesdad

15 hours ago, Zekesdad said:

Hello everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. My names Chris, I'm a life long wrestling fan been watching for 30 years. I also enjoy my comics and movies as well but I'm primarily a huge wrestling fan. I've Dipped my feet in some Japanese and Lucha but not as well rounded in it as I'd like to be. Mainly started with WWF as a young kid, found NWA in the late 80s. I remember the first show I ever saw was when Ricky Steamboat returned as Eddie Gilbert's tag partner. I was mesmerized and instantly loved It. I of course continued to watch the WWF and started to get the Apter mags and buy tapes through the mail. I was a huge ECW fan as well. I can't say I really prefer one style over the other I tend to be able to find good in all of it, even today's product. 

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I look forward to talking wrestling and such with some fans of the business!

Chris

But did you name Zeke, whoever Zeke is, after Zeke the Plumber?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, piranesi said:

We're going to need you you to rank the following in order of good/badness:

Mark Henry

Meng

Jerry Lawler's punches

Papa Shango's shoulder breaker

Batista's clothing

Seth Rollins' stupid fucking hair

hint: There should be a five-way tie for 1st.

But Meng?!?!

13 hours ago, Red is Dead said:

Fine introduction.

Welcome to the board. Dont take the RAAAAAAAAR MY OPINION IS BETTER THAN YOURS from some other posters too seriously.

Thanks, I got thick skin and other people's take themselves and the interwebs too seriously....fuck em...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, J.T. said:

What a great introduction.  You sound like a really well adjusted and rational person

I can't wait for the first time you tell someone here to go fuck themselves.  It is bound to happen sooner or later and no one will blame you for it..

Hahahahaha, I'm pretty sure that's the first time in my 35 years I've been described as well adjusted  and rational, that alone makes this thread a win for me!

I'm sure it'll be sooner than later I got no issue telling some douchenozzle to go fuck themselves

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ramsey said:

Welcome aboard, man. This is where "men of a certain age" discuss wrestling, movies, comics, and the various other pursuits that keep us wrinkly man-babies.

How do you feel about missile dropkicks? How about Davey Richards?

Thanks, Perfect place for me than as I'm a child stuck in a man's body!

Missile dropkicks.....depends on who is delivering. I enjoyed Kenny Omega jumping on Okada's skull at Wrestle Kingdom..

Davey Richards....fun fact the only thing that Othello, Washington has ever been known for is its good coke... I enjoy Davey Richards though loved him in ROH and he's been one of the only reasons to watch TNA in recent years.

8 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Where do you fall in the Bayley Fandom Continuum?  

• No opinion
  • I consider her to be the "Female Eugene"
  • I just bought 7 "I'm a Hugger" t-shirts 
  • I want to store her in a well in my home and eventually wear her flesh as a suit

I'm currently wearing her as I type this....look for me Monday night

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zev said:

Greetings, Zekesdad. Which Apter mag, did you prefer, Pro Wrestling Illustrated or The Wrestler?

I found PWI first year end awards 1990 was my first, eventually got in to The Wrestler and Inside Wrestling. I don't think I ever had a preference though I'd get whatever was in Stock at the time!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, piranesi said:

I'm sorry but until all your paperwork is in we cannot properly vet your candidacy.  We are still missing:

1) Your essay on Bunkhouse Buck

2) Your Jimmy Valiant diorama

3) Your haiku on Haku.

Damn my college dissertation on bunkhouse buck burned in the fire that my fiance started with my Valiant diorama!

There's a restraining order in place with Haku, I don't think I supposed to mention him

• Like 1

No one is supposed to mention Haku, unless it's in total reverence.  And no, the restraining order wouldn't stop him.

The most important question is, did your Valiant diorama have a glass bottom?

• Like 3

Best rule of thumb I can suggest following for this place:

When someone makes a reply that derails a thread, walk away. Feeding the trolls is a good way to earn yourself a one way ticket back to OVW if you catch my drift. 

• Like 2

On 1/20/2017 at 9:38 AM, The Natural said:

FYI: Batman is the best comic book/superhero of all time!

For Fuck's Sake... You people drive on the wrong side of the street, you eat with your fork in the wrong hand, you offer a wrestling program with the correct amount of pomp and circumstance, (even going so far as to have "rounds") and then you trot out the likes of Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy! Just what exactly the fuck is up with that? I suppose that goes a long way to explaining such strange opinions on superheroes, (hint: check my avatar; Terry Sloan will set you on the correct path to becoming a champion of fair play!)  The UK actually produced some great superheroes, but they generally showed up in the story papers rather than the comics and oddly enough were doing the reformed (or just bored) criminal thing, long before Marvel made a couple of mutants and a guy with a bow and arrows Avengers. Just the spin-offs of anti-heroes from Sexton Blake is more than enough to fill out a couple of super-teams, after all, you have Waldo the Wonderman, (take THAT Simon Williams), Zenith the Albino, (I guess more of an anti-hero, he appears to enjoy fucking with people just for the hell of it...) And then we have the rather unfortunately named "Norman Conquest, the Gay Desperado" (not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.)  I don't know of any stories playing up the differences between US & UK slang and having Norman passing out his calling card and mentioning he's looking to pick up a pack of fags... I suspect that Edwy Searles Brooks (author of the series), learned to develop a fairly thick skin in order to deal with "clever" fans sharing the joke with him...

• 2 weeks later...