DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

If you can get through 40 clips of Titanes I will buy you a medal. That's not meant to be derogatory, it's just... I don't see how.

It prob helps to watch the way Kurt Brown does. ?

CIMA, Curry Man & SuperBoy vs. Jody Fleisch, Minoru Fujita & Shiryu II (MPRO 12/21/99)

Super Boy is my favorite fat guy high flyer ever, I think, Fujita works like he was shot out of a cannon and Shiryu II is doing all sorts of crazy shit. This is one of the pinnacles of this style for me, but I don't know that it really gets talked about a lot.

https://dai.ly/xe1n8b

I have watched literally no UWF (the Watts version) so threw on a random episode on Youtube and it had heel Stinger and Rick Steiner managed by Hyatt and Hot Stuff vs Hacksaw and Terry Taylor. HOLY FUCK WAS THIS MATCH A BLAST. That's just so much talent and charisma all over the place and JR is just losing his fucking mind.

• Like 1

Skip to 8:30. Hokuto vs. Malenko. Finish is kind eh, but the rest is good. Also has Toyota/Hasegawa & Kong/Nakano vs. Inoue/Yamada. No idea how they are as I haven;t caught them yet.

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

There are few things worse than a botched ref count. Just drags us out of our disbelief. Guy was also an early offender of the delayed third count, another terrible Japanese referee trope. Fuck.

• Like 1

Jackie Gayda vs April Hunter vs Jamie D vs Nattie Neidhart vs Traci Brooks

Someone watch this and review it, goddamnit. I'm going to work, so I can't do it (yet).

C'mon @Curt McGirt. I dare ya.

Edited by Casey

16 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Why on earth was the "GCW Superstars" ring so low? I've never seen a ring like that anywhere else. What was it? A Memphis spot show ring that was available in the area while the proper Georgia ring was taken up to Ohio for those shows?

3 hours ago, Casey said:

Jackie Gayda vs April Hunter vs Jamie D vs Nattie Neidhart vs Traci Brooks

Someone watch this and review it, goddamnit. I'm going to work, so I can't do it (yet).

C'mon @Curt McGirt. I dare ya.

You rotten bastard. I have real joshi to watch and you dare me to do this. 

...I'll do it. Damn you.

EDIT: AHHAHAHA... I WIN

The match is only like ten minutes long and then they sprinkle in interviews with replays, so it isn't a 30 minute Knockouts match. 

I really didn't know anyone aside from Nattie, who I've always thought was a decent worker and never gets a fair shake from people. The redhead I thought at first was Mickie James which made me look up everybody and I guess they were all TNA-in-the-day ladies so no wonder I don't know them. The best thing I can say is that they release each wrestler Royal Rumble style so it isn't just a complete cluster from the start. I also watched while listening to the second side of Entombed's Clandestine and skipped all interviews so I wan't exposed to much commentary or any storyline. It is pretty much what you would expect from a Knockouts/Divas match, thankfully only one hair toss, lots of slapping, lots of implants.  I would ask how and why you came across this but I probably don't want to know.

Edited by Curt McGirt