DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

On 7/31/2021 at 5:17 PM, Curt McGirt said:

https://www.facebook.com/310495326181900/videos/399500980995765/

I dunno if that'll work but I was looking for Takayama/Chono and found them... in a cage? No blood, but it looks good enough and weird enough for a watch. 

That's the Konami Cage match, they did one more of that type of match featuring Tanahashi vs Murakami for the U30 in 2004 in some empty building.

Edited by D.Z

Oh shit! At 7:57 we have Masa Kurisu kicking the shit out of Jado! We only get about four minutes but it is harrowing. Masa also spits on the floor in disgust and does pushups while in a Boston Crab as insult to (definite) injury. 

The Main Event and its runner up are going in the Blood thread for obvious reasons. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure who might be interested, but after Bobby Eaton passed, I started thinking about how none of the wrestling streaming services allow you to really do a deep dive in on a single wrestler and follow everything chronologically. So, I started putting together a playlist on Youtube. That snowballed into me just starting a new channel to collate playlists for *all* of my favorites. Somehow, my first orders of business after Eaton were Nick Bockwinkel and...Sabu? Also working on Eddie Guerrero and Terry Funk, but they're not ready for primetime just yet...

All of these are works in progress, but I'm like 250 matches deep on Bobby (with 200+ still to sort), so I figured I could share it. Shout out to all the folks who upload stuff, including a few who post here, I think. I've watched more Eaton matches in the past week than I ever thought possible.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgEzo-ybb4DAPJl2lUIJ-ew

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I was watching some late 70s Gulf Coast and an unexpected match was champion Kurt Von Hess vs young job guy Mike Seitz.

I posted that here years ago, yeah. I remember how interesting it was watching Hess take it to the mat and work holds almost the entire time... very much unlike the cheating German bastard you expected him to be.

Oh boy, that Max Moon/Komet Kid debut is my madeleine. 

I feel like I'm laying on the floor of our living room on a Saturday morning eating Lucky Charms right out of the box.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

What the heck are Brad Armstrong & Terry Taylor doing teaming in World Class in 1985???   I don't know!!!   Records show that Brad Armstrong only wrestled one other match for WCCW in his entire career, six days later in San Antonio against One Man Gang.

The ring announcer tells us that The MX won the American Tag Team Titles a few days ago in Dallas.  But this is a Non Title Match.   2/3 Falls!!!

Edited by paul sosnowski
  • Like 1

I asked this a few mnths ago. Jims answer

Answer: Ken Mantell was a shitty booker, had never seen either Terry or Brad before, got talent for the nite from Watts and since they were babyfaces booked us against them in a cold match. Neither one of them were impressed by the Dallas operation (as we had been underwhelmed as well) and never pursued going back, the talent trade deal between Watts and Fritz fell apart a short time later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1