DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

FWIW I think they all still hang out with each other in 2020, which is hilarious. I saw of video (via the suggested video panel) of them just chilling on like Miwa's Youtube page. 

Being a weirdo, I follow Yasha Kurenai's YouTube channel and two weeks ago she had a ZOOM with Shark Tsuchiya.  Which I was happy to see since Shark's Wikipedia entry stops with having her lower leg amputated because of diabetes and her being diagnosed with breast cancer in 2015.  She looked like Shark, which made me feel better.

• Like 4

I'm surprised that Matt D hasn't posted this here himself but good lord this match is as good as it looks on paper. Murdoch and Kurisu is a dream match I didn't know I needed till I saw this. The match would probably qualify for the blood and clubbering  threads too.

• Like 2

Yeah, I can't claim great genius on that find. I was looking through match listings to make sure I wouldn't miss anything in 89 for the AJPW project I'm doing, came across that, realized it was in some of the usual places and boom. It was crazy it wasn't readily available. 

It was actually #64 on the Other Japan 80s project so the board at one point knew about it. 63 was Carlos Plata/El Doberman vs Mighty Inoue/Mach Hayato ( 11/1/1980 ). I wonder how that holds up.

Rabbit hole:

The talk in the gif thread made me go back and wonder what I saw in the one Nitro in Boston I saw as a kid, and I wasn't super impressed by the c-players. That made me check other things I might have seen if I had been there in 97-99 at other times. That made me wonder when I'd have to be at a WWF show to see Negro Casas. In all of that, I discovered this result:

Super Astros - 2/14/99:
El Merenguero & El Torito defeated Negro Casas & Miguel Perez

Negro Casas vs minis. Has anyone ever seen this? Even if it's five minutes, that sounds tremendous. 

23 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Rabbit hole:

The talk in the gif thread made me go back and wonder what I saw in the one Nitro in Boston I saw as a kid, and I wasn't super impressed by the c-players. That made me check other things I might have seen if I had been there in 97-99 at other times. That made me wonder when I'd have to be at a WWF show to see Negro Casas. In all of that, I discovered this result:

Super Astros - 2/14/99:
El Merenguero & El Torito defeated Negro Casas & Miguel Perez

Negro Casas vs minis. Has anyone ever seen this? Even if it's five minutes, that sounds tremendous. 

I see that Rob has said that this was a false result on thehistoryofwwe.com and it's El Bandido (Scorpio Jr.) instead. Probably still a good match but not Negro Casas vs a Mini, so I am crestfallen. 

Roy Lucier is doing it again folks. 

"Been looking for this for a LONG time, and magically it was in this AAA TV pile I just got. This is the IWC event at the LA Sports Arena with CMLL in 11/95. This was after they discontinued their relationship with AAA."

CMLL in Los Angeles (November 25th, 1995) (handheld)

1) Migra I/Migra II vs Mexican Blanco/Súper Diablo (Erin O'Grady/Crash Holly)
2) Los Brazos vs Apolo Dantés/Pirata Morgan/Satánico
3) Silver King & Vampiro vs Head Hunter I & Head Hunter II
(Head Hunters had already lost the CMLL TAG belts, but CMLL had told IWC they'd get them back by this time so the match was promoted as a title match. Hunters did not win the belts back, but brought him to the ring and this was presented as a title match. Silver & Vampiro won by DQ (foul), so were announced as new champions) (notes from LuchaDB)
4) Atlantis/Héctor Garza/Pantera vs Eddy Guerrero/Emilio Charles Jr/Felino
5) Máscara Año 2000 vs Rayo de Jalisco Jr (IWC Heavyweight title match)
6) El Hijo Del Santo vs Negro Casas

• Like 4