DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

So Reggie Bennett was good.  It seems like she adjusted to her enlargement to wrestle as more of a monster- as I think she was much smaller not that much before this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

I never knew until now that las Cachorras Orientales translated to "the Oriental Bitches" ?

Reggie looked fine to me. Y'all liked to give her some shit in the Reviews back in the day...

The list of people we gave shit too was very long and started well before Reggie Bennett

Dean was... wrong... occasionally

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I am posting this here too since it pretty much makes a lot of older posts in this thread worthless

Just thinking: doesn't CMLL also use actual songs in their shows that I'm going to guess they don't have the rights to (For example when Dr Wagner worked there he always came out to Bad Medicine)? Would be a real shame if someone alerted the publishing companies to that fact.

Guest Edwin

Some folks prefer this to the chaotic and dramatic When Worlds Collide apuestas classic, but imo it's nowhere near that level, however that's not a knock as this is still very good and very different too.

10 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Reggie Bennett and Debbie Malenko were a helluva foreign duo to have on the roster in that brief time frame. 

Wanna guess who made a good tag team?

You guessed it.

Reggie Bennett and Bull Nakano.

Speaking of Bull....

Anyone in Korakuen that day probably doesn't have good hearing today thanks to Bison absolutely exploding their eardrums. Good golly, Miss Molly. What a banshee. Also, these four young women made a silent agreement to not protect each other for third quarters of the match.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DEAN said:

So Reggie Bennett was good.  It seems like she adjusted to her enlargement to wrestle as more of a monster- as I think she was much smaller not that much before this.

She had more of a bodybuilder/fitness build before. Think Terri Power but probably bit thicker. I recall liking the little of Bennett I saw from her Japan work, but that isn't much.

14 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Reggie Bennett and Debbie Malenko were a helluva foreign duo to have on the roster in that brief time frame. 

They weren't on the roster at the same time. The other gaijin on the roster with Debbie was Terri Power also known as DX's Tori.

12 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I never knew until now that las Cachorras Orientales translated to "the Oriental Bitches" ?

I had no idea. That is awesome.

14 minutes ago, Eivion said:

She had more of a bodybuilder/fitness build before. Think Terri Power but probably bit thicker. I recall liking the little of Bennett I saw from her Japan work, but that isn't much.

They weren't on the roster at the same time. The other gaijin on the roster with Debbie was Terri Power also known as DX's Tori.

Tori back she was on the gas, no less.

As for Reggie, her career trajectory was probably affected by dramatic changes in her physique. She was indeed a bodybuilder/figure competitor pre wrestling with basically no body fat, then was basically an Amazon early in her career, got a little thicker, and then fluctuated between that and straight up BBW.

I haven't seen much of Reggie compared to most other girls from that era, but I'm surprised she didn't get a real shot in ECW. It probably had to do with the ugly looking powerbomb she did at Barely Legal, but Funk didn't exactly help her out IIRC. That can be forgiven. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Tori back she was on the gas, no less.

As for Reggie, her career trajectory was probably affected by dramatic changes in her physique. She was indeed a bodybuilder/figure competitor pre wrestling with basically no body fat, then was basically an Amazon early in her career, got a little thicker, and then fluctuated between that and straight up BBW.

I haven't seen much of Reggie compared to most other girls from that era, but I'm surprised she didn't get a real shot in ECW. It probably had to do with the ugly looking powerbomb she did at Barely Legal, but Funk didn't exactly help her out IIRC. That can be forgiven. 

Fun fact: Did you know she was originally booked to be under the "Roode" mask, kiss Francine and then reveal herself as the swerve. It got kiboshed for the reason you can probably guess and it ended up being Brian Lee under the hood if memory serves. But since she was booked they used her as part of Raven's Flock.

• Like 1