DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

Good Lord! Check out who the referee is here! 

Hat tip to Alan4L who reportedly tweeted about this, and to my friend Darren for sending me the link. 

Of all the people whom I'd never have imagined might have refereed a Kobashi match!

Here comes the mon-neyyy!

Also, it's Kobashi & Fuchi vs [redacted] and Tito Santana!! You know you wanna see Tito Santana selling for those guys.

Edited by El Gran Gordi

The might just be the perfect representation of this thread's original purpose. WWF vs. AJPW? They weren't even partners! 

EDIT: That Summit was the card with Hogan vs. Hansen headlining. This is probably the second most known match from the show: 

Bret Hart vs. Tiger Mask might be the other one. The funny thing is NJPW only had two matches in which their own guys faced each other exclusively.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF/AJPW/NJPW_Wrestling_Summit

Edited by Curt McGirt

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

The might just be the perfect representation of this thread's original purpose. WWF vs. AJPW? They weren't even partners! 

It was a WWF/All Japan/New Japan show, I can't remember the whole story but one of the reasons they all worked together was a response to the UWF's Dome show in November of 1989.

• Like 1

Ooh. Jay Youngblood working MSG like the world's greatest Chief Jay Strongbow makes this a watch. Brower is a load but Kamata is a peck of fun with his bumping and stooging for the young'uns.

• Like 1