DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLING ON THE INTERNET NOT FROM THE NOW

RIPPA

This is crazy.

=============================

Takumi Iroha is the first person to successfully sell a Figure Four leglock since 1989.  Also EVEREST~! GERMAN SUPLEX!

Dump Matsumoto and Bull Nakano in Madison Square Garden and then the Crush Gals take on Penny Mitchell and Leilani Kai at Madison Square Garden.

• Like 2

Kobashi wearing red instead of orange? Misawa in his Tiger mask gear, but unmasked? Davey Boy teaming with Johnny Smith and Dynamite Kid nowhere to be seen? How curious.

• Like 1

Yeah this match comes in a very specific period that is gonna look a little weird, right after Misawa had voluntarily unmasked himself and issued his first challenge to Jumbo Tsuruta, and this was the last time Kobashi and Misawa defended the secondary All-Asia tag titles before Misawa started his main event push. They ended up vacating the titles instead of putting anyone over. I'm not sure exactly why Smith was the partner here and not Kid. Dynamite Kid was I am pretty sure still around  All Japan at this point, the three of them were teaming in All Japan after over in the late days of Stampede Wrestling just a little bit earlier Davey Boy and Dynamite were actually having a feud where Bulldog/A very young Chris Benoit against Dynamite/Smith. Bulldog went to the WWF near the end of this year and I think that was the end of him in Japan. Dynamite, well we know what happened with him, kind of a sad guy. Smith never got out of being an All Japan midcarder (he did end up holding the secondary tag title a couple of times), and apparently when he retired he became a cop in Calgary.

• Thanks 1

Catching up on all the Joshi Puroresu  I missed over the years.  I dig Marvelous because it's a lot of women kicking each other in the face.

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Nt411c7pp/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.10

Chris Dickenson vs. Daisuke Sekimoto from Beyond Wrestling

Damn but does this Bili-Bili site have a lot of wrestling on it that is not on Youtube or Dailymotion...

Well, yeah, but it's probably full of Chinese spyware and shit.

There's lots of Progress matches on there, for anyone who'd like to watch them without giving WWE's European pals money. Not that I would endorse such behaviour, obviously. Jim Havoc vs Bill Ospreay features an actual Axe, like you'd use on a tree.

3 hours ago, DouglasC said:

I never realized I wanted to see a Beverly Brothers vs Undertaker handicap match until now. There's also Perfect/Flair and Jannetty/Michaels for those who prefer that.

When I first looked at that, I thought it was Budro, not Ric. 

These aren't the Mongols (who were Russian and Canadians), these are the Mongolians- who are Samoan.  Tapu and Tio Tio aren't related to the Anoa'i family, which I find fascinating.

This is probably good. Tenryu and Hansen is such a grumpy team of shit kickers:

Baba takes a very painful looking bump at the end.

Edit: also, I just found “All Japan Pro Wrestling Classics” on Facebook, which seems to have quite the library. Has the Chosu v Killer Khan match I was looking for.

Edited by Control